Generalized lyphadenopathy for 8 months and shortness of breath with exertion

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, im a 27 year old female and ive been suffering from swollen lymph nodes in my neck, under my jaw, behind my ears, my right arm pit and my groin for 8 months now. i had gone to a hematologist and they had ruled it out as mono, but told me to come back if the glands did not go down within the next few weeks. well, i did not have the money to go back, so i didnt. but theyve remained swollen, maybe gone down a little bit since my visit, but the ones under my jaw are the biggest.

my other symptoms include: palpitations, shortness of breath with exertion, nausea, headache, dizziness and fatigue. now, the shortness of breath is whats been bothering me most and has only seemed to get worse. i can hardly walk up stairs without feeling like i ran a marathon and am out of breath and needing to sit down. im thin, ive always been very thin, so weight is not an issue. its very concerning to have such little effort cause such a big reaction.

does anyone have any idea what might be going on?? due to covid i cant go back to the hematologist until june.

any insight would be great. thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

any test like USG CBC? how its started infection ?

• Posted

hi! what had initially been done was a CBC and an epstein barr test along with a ton of others such as HIV, ferritin, lactic acid, metabolic panel, etc.

the epstein barr came back positive and my lymphocytes were super high on my CBC and it shows i have anemia.

• Posted

i fidnt have any symptoms of mono, but i guess you can have it asymptomatic. and the last time i had any contact with anybody prior to the episode was 3 months before.

• Posted

dont worry mono causes generalized lyphadenopathy.its very much normal

• Posted

yes, i know, but i have had this going on for over 8 months now. the oncologist/hematologist told me they should not be swollen after 3-4 weeks at MOST. this is why i am concerned

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.