Generalized Muscle Twitching

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I am a 25 year old female. For two months now, I have suffered from wide spread muscle twitching. From the moment I wake up, until when I go to sleep. I will have a twitch in my face, then leg, arm, back. ALL OVER. What could it be??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same symptoms. It's probably the same as mine-- Benign Fasciculation Syndrome.

• Posted

Hi @Flower18788

You are very young, however, have you suffered from any traumatic events in your life at all, that you can remember?

Have you had any CT scans or MRI scans done yet?

There are many disorders that can cause twitching, all of which can relate to the nerve system.

You have stated 'Generalized', therefore, does this affect your entire body?

Does the twitches become worse if you try to stop them?

Regards,

SteV3

• Posted

Hi! No traumatic events. I have had a CT and several MRIs. Found nothing. Yes, twitching is all over my body. I have not tried to stop them. Blood work is normal. Worse with exercise.

• Posted

Hi,

Would you go as far as you have involuntary movements?

Any limbs trying to turn or change direction?

Do you feel any pain or aching?

Any cramping at all?

Have you tried taking any medication for the symptoms?

Sorry about all the questions, but it difficult to say exactly what it could be - when you have involuntary generalized twitching. There are numerous conditions that it could be.

Having CT and MRI scans that show nothing, has ruled out quite a few disorders/syndromes, however, some medical conditions can take months, if not years to diagnose correctly. Have you had any lumbar punctures tests done? This is where fluid is drained from the spine.

I know from first hand experience when I was in my early 20's, I developed a nerve condition that no consultant in the UK had even seen before. It actually took 18 months to diagnose, and I was under a well-known Professor in Neurology from New York, US.

Regards,

SteV3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.