Has anyone tried Benapali yet, I am being switched to it as it is cheaper

Thanks

Bill

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I will Google Benapali - Thank you for sharing that it is  Cheaper
  • Posted

Hi Bill, ive used Benepali for over a year. Apart from succumbing to more chest infections because of it’s immunosuppressive effect I’ve had no problems. I had to stop methotrexate because of lung problems therefore I’m currently on steroids (prednisolone) as well.  The injections are easy enough. You will need regular bloods taking. Good luck. Carol 
    • Posted

CArol thanks for the reply, I’ve been on Enbrel for 10 + years and I have not noticed any significant side effects, we in the UK are being moved to Benepali as a cost saving exercise by our NHS which I totally understand. I suppose I have been on biologics for as long as they have been available in the UK, there were two of us that started the treatment using Remicade, that was when you had to spend a day in hospital per month for the infusion. 

Were you on etanercept or other biologic prior to this, I was asking just in case anyone found a difference in the efficacy or side effects compared to Etanercept,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and continued good luck with your treatment

Bill

• Posted

Yes, I was on Humira alongside Methotrexate and felt fantastic but my neutrophils dropped and I had to stop them both for a while. When I restarted ( with a slightly lower dose of mtx) My joints had really swelled and I was on a lot of pain while they’d been stopped and I simply didn’t get the relief again. Whether that was due to the lowered dose of mtx or just stopping and starting I don’t know. 
  • Posted

Hi, I've being on Benepali for about 7 to 8 months, works great and no side effects, my CRP is kept right down at about 1.7 to 2 and it worked fast, good luck, hope it works for you.

• Posted

Martin

Thanks for reply, etanercept does the same for me but obviously you worry when changing medication that it will work the same. They are supposed to be so similar and to all intents and purposes identical in their efficacy, time will I suppose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.