gengigel

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone with oral lichen planus tried Gengigel? I have read it has helped with pain, redness, reciding gums on people with olp. If you have used it, did you try the gel or mouth rinse? 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kay yes I've used gel it's pretty good. I didn't know that there was a mouth wash though. Hope this is of help to you
    • Posted

Yes, thanks for taking the time to reply! Looks like it comes in a gel and a rinse also. I'm going to try the gel and see if anything improves.
  • Posted

I do not remember seeing this product anywhere.  Are you in the UK?

i have OLP too, close to 6 months now.  my gums were bright red and painful when brushing my teeth, white patches in other areas.  I was using Sensodyne toothpaste then, the type that foamed in the mouth, then a week ago i went to get my teeth cleaned and the hygenist mentioned the foam..i said yes, she suggested i change toothpaste for something more natural.  So i got Tom's all natural toothpaste, and guess what - the bright red gums got much better immediately, yes, i still have redness but a lot less and i still have the white patches but overall my gums look a lot better than they were.  So it may not be a cure, but just to show than any little thing we do can improve...hopefully cure it someday?

• Posted

Thanks Kaleani! I live in the U.S. but it is avaliable on amazon. I have tried many natual toothpastes. I also have burning mouth along with olp and some make it burn worse. But I haven't found one that has helped my olp yet. My husband gets all the cast off toothpastes, haha. Yes, praying for a cure!
  • Posted

Hi, I haven't heard of Gengigel.  Do you buy it from a store or online?  I've recently heard of Emuaid (cream or soap bar) that's supposed to be good for skin lichen planus.  Wonder if anyone's tried to use it orally. I've had OLP for about a year now and it's only started to bother me recently with the burning sensation.  There's got to be something out there that helps.  Not enough studies on this I think.
    • Posted

Hi Gail, I just heard of it while researching on line for natural help for olp. You can buy it on amazon, as it is not avaliable in the US that I could see. It acutually says on the box it can be used for oral lichen planus. And I saw good reviews from some people, although a couple said they didn't get relief. It's pretty cheap, so I am going to try it. I have not tried Emuaid, but it looks like good ingredients for skin lp. But with the tea tree oil in it, I don't think it could be used orally. I didn't look at all of their products though. Hope you get some relief! I agree not enough studies, and some they have done, like one for turmeric, even thought it worked, I have not seen any products out there in gel or ointment form that you can apply to your gums.
  • Posted

Ok then, I will definitely try Gengigel.  Will order on my next Amazon order.  Thanks.
    • Posted

hi, I have just bought this mouth rinse from my local chemist, it only cost £8.20 it is also available from boots the chemist
  • Posted

I haven't heard of Gengigel.  I've been using kids toothpaste because even the natural ones burn my mouth.  Can you actually use Gengigel to brush with?  Does it have any mind properties?  What does it taste like?
  • Posted

Hi, i tried it and it burned my tongue and gums, so i didn't use it long.  It didn't seem to help me. I used the rinse and the gel.
  • Posted

Hi Kay

i started using the Gengigel mouthwash upon my hygienists recommendation and it definitely helps calm down the inflammation although it doesn't cure it unfortunately! The mouthwash is better than the gel as you can rinse it around all your mouth and hold the liquid against any particularly sore areas for a couple of minutes. I use it twice a day plus an extra rinse when needed.  I also use the unflavoured toothpaste oral nurse as it has no mint or other ingredients that can inflame. Let me know how you get on!

• Posted

Hi Gill:

I just read yur reply to Kay about Gengigel.  I read one person liked it and another one said it burned.  I also have OLP and right now my tongue hurts really bad and it feels like it has ben cut many times with a razor blade so now I'm wondering if I should buy the Gengigel.  I've had OLP for a good 2 yers now and am trying to avoid the steriods but it doesn't look like there is any help out there.  I don't even know what to eat any more.

• Posted

Hi it sounds like your tongue is more sore than mine . I can only say the gengigel works for me -I rinse before bed and my mouth always feels calmer in the morning. The biggest help I have found is cutting right back on sugars and taking a vitamin d supplement twice a day, ....and getting some real sun when I can ! Hope this helps and you soon find some relief.
    • Posted

Hi Gill:

I'm glad to hear the gengigel works for you.  I've placed an order for it and waiting to receive it.  It is encouraging to find someone that it helps.  My tongue is much bertter today.  I asked my chiropractor is he had any suggestions and told me to make a paste of baking soda and apply it to my tongue.  The saliva melts it really fast but just what little bit stays on the tongue I think has helped.  I think I did it about 4 times yesterday.  I also brush my teeth with baking soda.  It doesn't irratite like toothpaste.  I do take Vit D and avoid sugars as much as possible.  Thanks for your info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.