geniculate knee injections before ablation experience/advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had 2 TKR, one 5/17/17 second 8/23/17. I'm still having major pain and surgeon was concerned on my usage of codeine and sent me to pain management. He put me back on gabapentin which has helped. Has anyone had any experience with this procedure? Good or bad? I want to be off pain meds and want to be out of pain but don't want to do anything to soon or that may make things worse. Am I jumping the gun here expecting to much to soon? I need advice from the wise here that have been through this. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am 7 months post right tkr. I used Vicodin for the first six weeks then Motrin hereafter until about six months. I experienced significant pain up to that point. Then at about 6 and a half  months the pain began subsiding. It is now what I would describe as occasional discomfort after exercise. Pain lasts for different periods for different people. What you are experiencing is not unusual. Hang in there it will get better.
  • Posted

Following three surgeries since 2009 I have been on suboxone lots of luck getting off those July 18th had bilateral knee replacement and it took over a week for the pain meds started to work back to work Sept. 11 no pain meds but still can't get off subs.taking 1/2 tab. A day maybe that will help me get off these things but being on gabbies is probably the same deal good luck i wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.