Weight - 58

Race - south african Indian

Any existing diagnosed medical issues (if any) -na

Current medications and doses (if any) -na

Drug Use (including usage of marijuana) (if any) -na

Smoking Status - occasionally

Duration of complaint - 2 weeks

Issue you're having (be as detailed as possible) - Hello everyone,

I am an international student going to study at MIT next year, in order to do so i need to complete a medical report form. I have had the chickenpox vaccination as a child but also had chickenpox (as a child).

In order to complete the forms I need to provide antibody titer blood tests to prove immunity, my result for varicella was positive. My doctor explained to me that this can't determine between current infection/immunity and therefore ordered a second blood test.

I did not have any symptoms of chickenpox at the time but noticed genital lesions and had a sore throat this morning. I have read that genital chickenpox is a possibility.

What should I do from here on forward? I am so tired of this doctor I have spent so much money wasted with him on these tests and vaccinations. He ordered some tests that weren't needed and some that I could have just received other vaccinations for so it is frustrating and I don't want to go back but it would be difficult to change doctors at this stage in the game.

My questions are- What do you advise?

If I do have chickenpox what does this mean? Would I have to get the Varicella vaccine again to prove immunity? Is it possible to get it while "infected?" or would I have to wait? What is the average cost of the vaccine?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.