genital herpes 1

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have genital HSV-1  that i got from my boyfriend who oral HSV-1 .Can we have sex  and oral sex without protection since we both have the same herpes and can he get genital herpes from me  since he has it oral herpes already  ? and can i have it oral herpes ?  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If he is having a ob yes you can contract herpes 2 even if you already have herpes 1 thats how most people get both
    • Posted

Flaw beautifully that is incorrect.

Hsv 1 and hsv 2 are in the sane family, share 50% if the sane DNA,, but they are two different strains.

So no, she cannot get hsv 2 from him, unless he has hsv 2.

• Posted

Obviously having oral sex is not going to be an issue. In regards to sexual intercourse, there is still risk, but extremely minimal.

The only study done, is w those that have genital hsv 2, so that is what the below statistics are that I'm going to give you.

Female to male transmission of hsv 2 from genital to genital contact, abstaining from sex during symptoms and having sex on average about 2-3xs a week for a year are as follows:

- no condom or daily suppressive therapy: 4%

- condom or meds: 2%

- condom and meds: 1%

Because genital hsv 1 sheds about half or more less than genital hsv 2 and is harder to transmit genital to genital, then you can cut those numbers for each one in half for your risk of transmitting to him.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.