GENITAL HERPES

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I just got diagnosed today that I have gential herpes im only 17 I have been with this guy for 7montths never cheated I have always got blood work done and vaginal exams and never came up that i have herpes until now I am very devasted and heart broken I feel nasty and ashamed of myself I dont know how to tell my partner because I dont know how I honestly caught it and how he is going to react to it I have so many questions and concern of my life now im a very mature person but something like this I can not handle I have no friend or love ones that I can talk to about this thats why im hoping someone can confront me and give me advise about this please do not judge me.

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey! I too got diagnosed at 17 and is it NOT the end of the world I promise! I was with the guy for 4 months and in that time he got a coldsore and passed it to me through oral sex. He tried to deny it but eventually admitted. My relationships and sex life has not been effected. I have been honest with 90% of partners and that's why I've decided to come on here. It's not easy but with anti virals and a decent balanced diet (which i struggle with!) you should be alright smile over time it lessens and your life will soon feel "normal" again. Just be careful of who you tell and make sure you're telling them for the right reasons. I've come to accept myself just the way I am. And do you want to know a secret? YOU'RE NOT ALONE! smile
    • Posted

Thank you soo much I told my partner yesterday when he got off work that I had Genital Herpes he did not have nothing to say when I first told him he was in shocked I felt even worser but later on that night he texed and we talked he told me he still loves me and would still be with me no matter what but he still says he has not took it all in yet but you guys gave me the confidense to tell him smile Im not going to lie im still depress and down because i was literally told I have it yesterday could you tell me somethings you did to get over depression and what type of diet should help me to controll outbreakes?
  • Posted

Is it hsv 1 or 2? That will give you an idea. 1, it came from oral sex. 2, it came from him from genital to genital sex.
    • Posted

So it is hsv 2? Then darling, he likely gave it to you. Request him to get tested immediately. 80% of people w genital herpes are asymptomatic, so he's probably clueless he even has it.
    • Posted

Ya i know I talked to him about it he is going to get tested but thank you for sharing some important information with me you really helped me out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.