Genital herpes causing excruciating pain, help!

Posted , 10 users are following.

starting about a week ago (25th/26th aug) i noticed general yeast infection symptoms, itchy, thick clotted discharge, then I scratched and it got swollen, monday it was still swollen but i thought nothing of it, had protected sex on Wednesday and now I’ve got blisters all around my urethra opening (about 30 of them) and buttox, it’s so painful to urinate I get nauseous and could cry even pouring water on it doesnt help, I can’t even touch down there and even water when i shower hurts it. !also no appetite (ive not ate in 2 days) and am not sleeping, ive ordered myself some antiviral medication and started taking it today as its a weekend and my Gp arent open; ive not been officially diagnosed but with all my symtoms i just know... just looking for advice, like how long does the first outbreak last etc? im only 20 and feel like my life is over! ive also attatched an image of the sores here>image

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

update: but ive got around 70 blisters now all over not just on the labia, every time i pee i could climb the walls im in that much! ive been on antivirals for 4 days and noticed the blisters 6 days ago and i feel like it just keeps on getting worse not better theyve also got a lot more red, im just in need of desperate advice image

• Edited

Yes, that looks like herpes, the topical Acyclovir cream helps to heal, the first outbreak is very painful, but it is always important to do the swab test for a safer result.

Do not worry, it is not the end of the world, many people can live normally with the disease.

• Posted

is this your first out break ? ive had herpes for a couple of yeara and ive bever gotten in libia from what ive felt and seen

• Posted

yes, first outbreak,i thought it was just a yeast infection at first, but then all the blisters appeared, theyve finally all gone!

• Edited

ok, so firstly, just breathe... your life is definitely not over! I know it might feel like that right now but its far from the truth.

I was diagnosed with HPV last year, the warts kind not the cancer kind. While i can't understand the physical pain you are going through, I understand the mental turmoil of finding out you have an STI that isn't curable.

Having lived with my condition for over a year i can tell you, things will get better and things will get easier.

Ive found that when people say their life is over, their referencing their love life, which just isn't true. Since my diagnosis I've found the love of my life, someone who saw past my diagnosis and loves me for who i am.

Honesty, communication and being kind will get you a long way, and that's in both directions of the relationship.

Disclosure is hard but not even slightly as devastating as you will be thinking it is at this point in time.

Bunker down fir a little bit, get your thoughts in order and i promise you'll be fine.

I believe in you and as much as a stranger on the internet can be, I'm gonna be proud or the person you become because of this.

• Posted

thank you so much, you dont know how much this comment helped! needed to hear this ❤

• Posted

Can i ask if you are any better?

I have the same issues right now and the pain is too much to bear.

I also feel bruised and battered down there and very swollen.

• Posted

hey, ive now fully got over my outbreak, i thought it would never end! i feel your pain... but belive me as much as i thought it wouldnt it does get better! im now on antivirals and found they helped it clear up a bit better and faster. i found a cold compress helped with my swelling and to numb the pain a little, and

using a squirt bottle when peeing

• Edited

It sounds and looks like you have a bacterial or fungal infection on top of having a pretty bad outbreak. The extreme pain might be from a fungal or bacterial infection or STI. Herpes alone isn't excruciatingly painful IMO but you could have a bad STI and Syphilis, so be sure to get tested ASAP. As for herpes, the first outbreak is the worst and it's possible you'll get less outbreaks over time. I've had it for almost 20 years (since I was 16 y/o) and for a while I was getting around one outbreak a year and now I don't get outbreaks any more. My first outbreak was the worst but still mild and the others were single sores or a tear in the skin between my vagina and anus that lasted about a week. Also, I've never taken medication for it.

There's no telling how the virus will present itself but statics in America show that 1 in 5 people have genital herpes and that's just from reported cases. Your life is not over and you're going to be just fine. Hope you've gotten some answers by now and you're feeling some relief and healing.

• Edited

get on valcyclovir until outbreak goes away. start taking supplements that can boost immune system. vitamin c, zinc & can start taking lysine works for me but if you atop lysine it can trigger it to come back. the first outbreak is the worst

• Edited

hi everyone, thanks for all your kind words and wisdom! finally all the sores are gone, i did go to my GP, they didnt swab but i had a blood test that came back negative so now im slightly confused as he was sure it looked like herpes! im still continuing to take the antivirals just in case as im petrified of another outbreak if the results were incorrect, i felt like my life was over but now after reading all these forums and getting advice from lovely strangers on the internet like you i now understand that its not and even if i do have herpes its not the end of the world and a virus doesnt define anyone and its not dirty or disgusting ❤

• Edited

super late! but this was kinda how my second outbreak looked and was it painful! what really helped me was literally using numbing cream meant for tattoos.

currently going through my second now with no numbing cream and everything ((even femiclear)) burns. my only source if comfort is soaking in epson salt with peppermint and a second soak with white vinager and baking soda. the only cream that gives me comfort for about 45mins is vagisil.

if it burns to pee make sure you are pouring warm water over your genitals as you pee! it will lessen the pain significantly!

start taking B-complex and L-Lystine vitamins too. people witbh HSV can take up to 3,000 mgs of L-Lystine daily.

and just been super aware of any warning signs of a future outbreak so you can get on antivirals right away

• Edited

wow. i was diagnosed a month ago, i still can't get my head around it. i was married to my wife for 13 years..... whatever.

but i also feel pain in the shower and after shower. stings like hell. sorry .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.