Genital Herpes Concern, photos attached

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have experienced mild pain and swelling around my vulva and in my vagina a few times after long and rougher sex, but it goes away by the next day or so. I had sex this Wednesday just gone (I must admit, I was already feeling slightly tender down there, but I was due on and this is sometimes symptomatic of my impending period). However, after having sex on Wednesday, I was instantly in a lot of discomfort. Everything felt bruised, swollen and the sides of my labia were very tender to touch. I thought nothing more of it than we'd been a little rougher than normal... but come Friday and it was hurting to pee, my vulva was so sore, and it was then that I admitted to myself that this wasn't my usual normal. The man I'm seeing is an excellent communicator, so I asked if he'd had any previous sexual health scales - all testing for him has come back negative most recently, but I am aware that without swabbing a Herpes sore, you're not going to know whether you have HSV-2 or not. Last night, after suffering in pain and general discomfort for the last 4 days, I took some photos, and they have horrified me. I've tried to book myself appointments at a SH clinic, but they're all shut on Sundays. I've also recently moved so I don't have a GP surgery. Can someone within the HSV-2 community please have a look at the photos and just tell me whether this is something similar to what may have been experienced by yourselves? I know that my life isn't over if I do get a diagnosis of Genital Herpes, and I do know the stigma surrounding it needs to be squashed, but I'm just so disappointed. It adds a really difficult layer into relationships and I feel like I'm going to end up being alone forever. Please help!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.