genital herpes low index?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm freaking out a bit only because I found the love of my life and I'm looking at having herpes. I was told by a partner he had herpes (before the man I'm with) I'm testing low index and they want to retest me. I'm just wondering what does this all mean. What's the chance of me having it if they are saying I'm testing low index what does it mean. I have hsv1 and I am being told that I could be negative because I had a break out same time around testing. I want to know. I've read many things on here and you all seem to hold a lot of knowledge if I'm barely positive is there a strong chance of me not having it?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Does anyone know if tingly down the leg and foot is a symptom
    • Posted

It can be, but you don't sound like you have herpes (from your other posts) and I am sure there are many other explanations, including anxiety. Only half of those with genital herpes get tingly sensations, and usually in the affected area rather than the whole leg (although possible in some folk), while the other half get no tingly symptoms at all. Tingling is thus not a good indicator of herpes, as many falsely believe. Lesions or IgG antibodies are the way to go.

• Posted

Ok cause my husband has tingly legs and my things look whiter ? PM me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.