Genital HSV1

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just got diagnosed with hsv1 infection on my genitals. what can i expect with future breakouts?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

I had one bad outbreak a couple years ago I've had no problems at all since then. I hope your experience is the same. At the tome it seemed like the end of the world.

• Posted

HI Brittany

I contracted HSV1 March 2018 and I've luckily only had my 1st and only outbreak. I told my boyfriend that I have HSV1 and that it is contagious few times a year. I mentioned to him that he can get it genitally or orally. At first I was extremely cautious about not having sex without protection for for the past year we have had unprotected sex everytime we are intimate for the entire year and so far no outbreaks, he hasnt gotten it either form me and we dont use condoms. One thing I dont let him to is go down on me, because since its type 1 I am sure I can transmit easier to his mouth than anywhere else on his body. I want you to know that you are very lucky! HSV1 is much milder and because it is the same virus as cold sores it is somewhat more accepted in society. Stay strong! reach out to me if you have any questions and I can try to help.

• Posted

Hi Jan110516

Can you go a little into depth about your experience.

Was your initial outbreak the first and only outbreak you had?

Have you gotten tingling sensations in your body recently or have they gone away?

have you developed yeast infections more often since you got HSV1?

Are you taking suppresive therapy?

Do you use protection? or not?

Any information you can share can help all of us. The internet doesnt have much info on GHSV1 unfortunetly.

thanks

• Posted

Yes my first outbreak was the only one. It was terrible. I cried for 15 minutes each time i had to urinate. This lasted about two weeks. For some time afterward, I did have tingling sensations in my body. These have now stopped. I have not had any yeast infections. I did take suppressive therapy for several months but my partner asked me to stop due to the fact that he did not think it necessary as well as the side effects that the meds could cause. I am only active with this one person, so no, we do not use protection My partner unknowingly passed it to me since many people do not know they have the cold sore virus. I have a prescription in case i get another outbreak, at this point that seems unlikely. It has been two years now.

• Posted

hi

do you have any tingling sensation after you shave? i also have ghsv1, I only had 1 outbreak which was my first. but everytime i shave I FEEL STRANGE, as if i had a very very tiny itching sensation. so I WONDER what ur experience is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.