Genital Psoriasis Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

my dermatologist diagnosed me with psoriasis on my penis and prescribed me a cream to control it. the cream hasnt really been working though.

i just wanted some info on psoriasis.

all that is wrong with my case is that my foreskin and penis head is red which gets worse or better during the day. there is no itching or anything but the head does seem a little tender if i rub it.

does psoriasis always involve having an itch or can you have it with no itching?

and secondly, it originated from a single red spot on my penis head that seem to turn into a rash and now is just red after i had unprotected sex and now has spread over time. again there was no pain or itchiness during anytime after. can psoriasis originate from a single spot or no?

thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

also is it possible that my dermatologist diagnosed me wrong?

• Posted

Hello Jim, I am posting a link which I hope will be helpful to you. It is to another website, which is excellent on Dermatology.

https://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/genital-psoriasis/

• Posted

I wasn't certain whether they would need to review it first!

From what the NZ Derms say, it is unlikely that your Dermatologist has got your diagnosis wrong. There is a lot for you to read & perhaps you might get some help from here.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.