Genital psoriasis or herpes?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been dealing with itching for nearly 2 months now. It’s not constant but when it is it’s in the same area everytime. It’s a smooth red lump, sometimes flat, sometimes raised. It can come and go the next day or 2 days later. It’s very itchy but not always. I have no pain when urinating, not sore to touch, no scabbing and no fever symptoms. However my ex was unfaithful. The mark looks wet but not sure if it’s the area because it’s located on labia,  in lips however it doesn’t look fluid filled like a blister. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi N, If you shave it could be an ingrowing hair or just a hair follicle that went bad that's now a sebaceous cyst, see your doctor, he or she may say just leave it id your doctor may just cut it out, all very simple to do.

• Posted

I went to see a doctor but the lump had gone by then and she couldn’t see anything. She said she highly doubts it is herpes but to take a test if I really want to (which I have ordered one) 

I do shave but it appears even when I haven’t. I find it comes up when I fake tan or am hot in that area because I too wear quite fitted underwear but can also appear at random times 

• Posted

Hi N, There little buggers for doing that they come up and they go down, so as its doing that then yes I would say its a sebaceous cyst.

• Posted

Is it common for herpes to disappear that quick or does that mean it’s unlikely to be that?
    • Posted

Hi N, If it was a herpes outbreak there would be more of them, look just read up about sebaceous cyst and your read how they move up and down.

• Posted

Hi N, Look read this and are you getting any of this.

During the first attack, the early symptoms of genital herpes include the following:Fever & flu-like symptoms.

Nausea or feeling sick.

Muscle aches.

Painful urination.

Tingling, burning or itching sensation in the area where blisters will appear.

• Posted

So my test came back negative for herpes and the lump hasn’t come back either but the itching is still there. The lump isn’t constant just ocassional. The itching is in the exact same area every time but when you look the area just seems slightly red from scratching. I think I can see possibly a black dot but very small, no bumps all smooth. I’ve changed my laundry detergents and body wash etc but it’s still happening. Very irritating 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.