Genital wart

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had two lesions on my foreskin from about 15 (22  now) (GP said nothing to worry about when 15) but the last year they have been getting bigger. Are they warts and cab the GP help as I don't want to go GUM clinic

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think the answer must be "we don't know".  Whilst what your doctor can do is to some extent down to him there is absolutely no reason to be worried about the GUM clinic.  They are really the experts and will probaly say "certainly not warts". When you go you can do so anonymously and they really are the experts.

Have you any particular reason to think they are genital warts [your doctor thinks not] as if you ahve had them since age 15 had you had sexual contact before then?  You do to some extent have to trust the doctors. They have years of experience and have seen it all!

Penises are fascinating!  They do come in amny different sizes, they vary in shape, some start small and grow a lot, some start larger and grow less. The colour i caucasions varies - pink/red/purple and they do have various little lumps and bumps and veins that are of no particular significance. It is what is normal "for you"

Try not to worry but please to soothe yourself do check with GP or GUM but 'm sure it's not urgent

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't had sex or sexual contact at 15. I lost my virginity at 20 and I had them before that. But as I say they have got a fraction bigger in the last year. I know someone who works in our GUM clinic at the hospital, just would be embarrassed. But I haven't had sex for around 7 months because of what they might be
  • Posted

OK. I note the person working at your local GUM but why not - if you feel that right - go to one at a different area?  It is totally confidential and you can be anonymous. The details are not passed to your GP although you can request that they are.
  • Posted

Have a GP appointment on Saturday with my favourite Dr. Let's get it sorted.
  • Posted

Can you get a cream if it is warts?
  • Posted

I'm not an expert on warts and I have no idea if this is warts, but if you're concerned then go to the doctor. My boyfriend had a small, pimple like, spot on his shaft and it was there for a while, thought nothing of it, until it got very sore and swollen one day and he went in to be told it was a cyst. If it's getting bigger or if it's sore or uncomfortable you should always go to see a doctor. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.