Genital Wart? Picture included

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had this bump for over 2 years now, but it hasn't gone away. It actually looked a lot different before I messed with it and I'll explain. 9 months ago I developed molluscum contagiosum and decided to aggressively attack it with various methods. One of which was salicylic acid. Being the genius that I am, I attacked what I also thought was a wart with the stuff and duct taped it overnight. Needless to say after aggressively attacking the molluscum they're gone, but this bump remains. I didn't think it was an issue until the other issue came around. Now I'm paranoid about every single bump and discoloration of my genital area. What I think is the wart was once a lot "smoother" than when I used salicylic acid. Before it almost just looked like a raised portion of discolored skin.

Needless to say there are reasons why I haven't seen a physician yet. I don't have insurance but also don't qualify for any low income avenues. I can't afford to waste my time going to the wrong doctor.imageimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.