Genital warts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all.

Got diagnosed with genital warts just after Christmas. Thankfully all my other tests came back negative.

Been prescribed aldara 5% cream.

First few times I used it , it absolutely wrecked my bum. Almost like a really bad nappy rash. Couldn't sit down. Also gave me flu like symptoms., my whole body was aching.

Anyone else experience this? Any tips on how to apply without this happening ? I really want to get rid of them so don't want to give up on the treatment yet

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

that sounds like you have genital herpes.

• Posted

It's warts. I've been tested for everything else and it back negative. I don't need advice on my diagnosis. I have it. I need advice on the cream. But thanks for your input.

• Posted

the cream wouldnt give you flu like symptoms.

do you have blisters?

• Posted

yes i think it's happening to me too, because i used too much and on two consecutive days. but the thing is not inly on the site of application, but also in the surrounding area. please check my post and tell me if you had something similar thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.