genital warts

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i think i may have genital warts. Im 20, I used protection and I did have my HPV shots. I heard that if you put apple cider vinegar on what you think may be the warts it will turn a lighter color or white. So I did that and it went to a light pink instead of a brighter pink. I also think that it's growing, i have pictures from about 2 weeks ago when i took it and it seems to be growing, like they were flatter and now they got bigger. I also had a yeast infection so i took monastat and i don't know if that really helped or not. I'm really concerned, I went to two doctors to see and one assistant said it was warts and then the other said it was VP. So I really don't know what to do. Do the warts go away? How does it work so that I could have sex again or will it spread to them?? I just really don't know what to do, i've had it for about three months now. here's the before and after pictures imageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hey,

It looks like vp to me.

I had something almost identical, and found out it's not warts. Also, considering you had HPV shots as well as practicing safe sex, I'm almost sure it's just vp.

The thing with the vinegar is it's really not a fool-proof test. Mine also turned a little paler, but then again so did the surrounding skin.

Those things you see are called papillae, and are a normal part of vulval anatomy in some women. They must have became irritated during that yeast infection you had. That also happened to mine because of increased secretion.

What I noticed helped was more attention to hygiene. I actually used a cotton swab soaked in povidone iodine and cleaned the vulvar skin gently every time before showering. They flattened in few days. If you consider doing this, please be very careful and gentle, don't let iodine come in contact with your vaginal opening as this could disturb the natural flora and make things worse. I also used tea tree oil diluted with a carrier oil (olive oil, or St. Johns wort oil), it really soothes the skin, and it's good for fighting infections.

These look soft and are symmetrical, just like vp, but check them if you want a piece of mind.

Best regards 😃

• Posted

thanks so much!! i appreciate it a ton. I will definitely try that.

• Posted

Hi,

Agree with marceline, these are just VP not genital warts. The HPV shots will have prevented you from acquiring genital warts. The VP have enlarged because of your recent yeast (candidal) infection. It will settle down once the infection clears.

Adhari

• Posted

wat you have is normal dont put aple cider on it that HURTS!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.