Genital warts advice

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey everyone,

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this.

So from my last main partner. One of her lasting gifts I got from her was the genital warts virus (HPV). Kind of her wasn't it!! Well I think so. As just one time, nearly five years ago. I had some warts on my penis. Not any since then. The two women I've slept with since her were informed by me. They were still happy to sleep with me.

I didn't know this ex had it. Whether she knew, I doubt it. She was troubled. Narcissist and an alcoholic. Before me slept around. I have been to a sexual health clinic in the past. Got an all clear, minus the warts!

Anyway I've recently met someone so wonderful. I can see myself spending the rest of my life with her. She makes me so happy. She wants to take things slow. Absolutely fine by me. So we haven't slept together yet.

Google is saying mixed things about the job virus. Some sources say you have it forever. Other sources don't. As I say, I've only had them physically on my wotsit. Just the one time.

Obviously and morally I will tell this girl about this. When it's getting to that stage. 

But does anyone have a positive way in which I can go about it? Do I still have the virus? Are there worthwhile testing kits out there for it? 

I know it's quite a common thing.

I'm very concerned and worried of loosing her once she knows. But as I said, it's only right to tell her.

Hopefully she'll appreciate the honesty in telling her. She says she likes me the more she gets to know me.

Has anyone got anything encouraging and comforting to say? Might be a good shout speaking to a professional?

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.