Genital warts..advice and depression

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi I just wanted to ask on here if anyone had been diagnosed with genital warts. I got diagnosed last year in july and since then I've been so depressed I just cant seem to get over it...I'm constantly checking for new ones. It is on my mind 24/7 at the clinic they said it's what takes up so much time at the clinic as they are so common but I just feel like they've said that to make me feel better about myself. I just want to hear from anyone who has had/have it... it would be nice to hear someone else's experience and hopefully it would help me try to come to terms with it.. I feel so unloveable and like I'm disgusting πŸ˜” if there is anyone out there could you possible take the time to tell me how you coped? thank you πŸ˜”

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, i found a tiny wart on my groin last week. turns out its from my ex. i feel so stupid because i lost my virginity, and now i am stuck with these issues. i feel ugly. im talking back to this guy i once had a fling with and im upset because of the issue i have. he said its okay, but im mad. but the bright side is that the creams help and they should go away as long as you keep a good immune system. once they go away, ur body flushes them out and their gone. 1-2 years sometimes months. SO JUST BE STRONG!

• Posted

that's exactly how I feel ...mine was only ever around my bum and they didnt look like the typical warts that you see online so it's so hard to tell if I have any new ones.. I'm not due a smear until next year. so the guy was actually okay with it? that's what I'm scared about... future dating and stuff.. I'm really trying to stay positive... it just sucks as my ex cheated on me with around 20 different girls so my guess is that's how I got it.. but he never showed symptoms.. it really sucks!

• Posted

Yeah! it sucks. mine appeared on my groin and top of vag. i originally thought they were like skin tags, wasnt until i took a picture and saw these little tiny growths. I go to the dr tuesday

• Posted

hey i was also dignosed even though i had the gardasil injection before even having sex. you can get them removed or wait until they resolve usually 12-24 months. the body eventually clears the infection.get your routine hpv/pap smear done to see of the body has cleared. my gyno told me to stock up on folic acid ans vit b12 stop the pill and stop smoking to help clearing it.

• Posted

exactly the same! I have had them frozen but mine never looked like typical wart pictures you see online they were just tiny little bumps that I could barely see! so it's hard to tell if I have anymore! I will give that a go!x

• Posted

i am currently going through a scare now. im praying that what i found is not Warts as it doesnt look like any of the pictures i have seen online. all i have is just 1 single bump. imageimage

• Posted

mine looked quite similar.. but maybe a different colour as I'm really pale but shape etc was the exact same as mine.. non of mine ever had the typical cauliflower look to it! go get it checked hun x

• Posted

i have an appointment today and im terrified. ive never had any type of STD before

• Posted

me either I was really gutted I still am tbh... seems like no matter how careful you are its just one of those thingsπŸ˜”

• Edited

mine had the appareance of vp only in the vaginal opening-did you find out what id was?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.