Genital Warts experiences

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, I was recently diagnosed with genital warts about 6 weeks ago. I had three sessions of cryotherapy and then was prescribed Aldara cream to use. The warts are almost gone now.

I just wondered if any of you had past experiences with this type of HPV and were able to offer some positive hope? I was told my both mt sexual health nurses that if no warts return within a certain amount of time then it probably means the virus has been cleared from the body; so I'm keeping an eye out to see if they return after treatment! I was also told that there would be no need to inform future partners (im currently single) about the diagnosis because the virus is so common that the chances are they have already been in contact with it. I guess what I'd just really like to know is if any of you have positive success stories from warts and if they ever returned? I felt really depressed about the diagnosis and just want to know when my body will be normal again and if theres anyone else in the same boat.

Thank you

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

i am

about to gwt tested for warts as well did u ahve any symptons krher than the bumps like pain below the waist or in scrotumwhere were ur warts i have like 5 skin colored bumps on head of tip of oenis they have been there 6 months and dont itch

• Posted

I’m hoping I get a response back even though it’s been 4 years since your last post. I’m wondering if they went away and what you did that helped

• Posted

hey, first of all sorry for my english its not my first language. i have genital warts too, i was diagnosed with it in February. my doctor said to me, that i dont have to tell my future partner about it, because basically its not dangerous, and ill not infect anybody with the virus if i get rid of these warts. but when you will be "healthy", when you wont have warts they can come back when you will have weakened immunity. so its good to take some vitamins, lots of fruit and vegetable, smoothies etc. normal person with good imunity can get rid of the HPV in 2 yesrs. for example my colleague had 3 warts 7 years ago and she is clean since that. its all about immunity. try to think positive, do some sport, read books, watch series, but dont think about it.

• Posted

HI! thanks for replying! Do you still have the warts now and what treatment were you given? Also, did your colleague ever spread them to anybody else? I was really worried at first but i feel much more positive now. I just want these to go forever and never come back.

• Posted

i would recommend you to go to see an immunologist. he did some test from my blood and he found out that i have really bad immunity and gave me pills called ISOPRINOSINE and it really helped me. i had about 50 warts!!!! and now after 2 week of taking these pills and because of cryotherapy i have maybe 10-20 warts.

• Posted

I had gential warts two years ago. A year later the HPv did not show up when i got my pap smear. It has been 2 years and i havent had any warts since the first time i got them. My doctor told me that most people only have one outbreak. Hope this helps.

• Posted

I didn't have any other symptoms. I actually didn't even know that I had genital warts at all until I went in for my yearly pap smear.

• Posted

oh ok i have about 6 skin colored bumps on my penis head dont itch no blister been there about 6 months so u think these are warts?

• Posted

They could be warts but I don't know what they look like. I'd go in to the doctor to have them checked out. My doctor gave me some cream and they were done in about 2 weeks.

• Posted

Where were the warts when you first found them? it might be that the HPV wasnt present on your cervix, hence why it never showed up? I really do hope i only ever have one outbreak. So youve been 2 years clean now? What about your partners, were you told there is no need to inform future ones?

• Edited

I’m hoping I get a response back even though it’s been 4 years since your last post. I’m wondering if they went away and what you did that helped

• Edited

I know someone who had genital warts about 8 years ago, they used this blue liquid the drs prescribed (Not sure what its called sorry)! & they cleared up within a few weeks/months and still have never come back! Im pretty sure the virus that causes the warts can be completely wiped out from the body after some time, but noone should be worried about having anything like this as its so common:)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.