Genital warts? Help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi, because of COVID19, I'm unable to go ti a sexual health clinic. if this is genital warts, i would like them removed as soon as possible, even if it means paying £75 for a private prescription. However, i wouldn't like to pay that if it isn't. Can anyone help?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

image images never seem to load first time round??

• Posted

Dear mantha,

Not exactly sure which parts you are referring to, so I've marked out areas that I think may be abnormal. Apologies if these areas are not the ones you're worried about.

From their appearances, I suspect you may have genital warts. I would certainly get them visually confirmed with a face-to-face consult. But even if they were, there is NO URGENCY in getting them treated. You should note that all currently licensed home treatments (imiquimod, podophyllotoxin) are COSMETIC. They clear the unsightly warty lumps and bumps but the infection (HPV) will persist until your immune response clears it. This usually takes 18 months or so. For now, I would suggest you stay healthy, stop smoking (if current smoker) and be patient until lockdown restrictions are lifted.

Rgds,

Adhari

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.