Skip to content
in this discussion +9 following Follow this discussion

Genital warts / HPV

I am 28 years old, a few weeks ago I started noticing little red bumps down there. I went back to the doctor and realized I had genital warts (a low-risk HPV type). Doctor sugested me to used acid treatments for a least 2 months. I read in some medical articles about possible side effects of this treatment. I would like to try some alternative treatments, some natural products, creams. Does anyone have some suggestions about natural remedies which are effective for this kind of a problem ?

Report this

11 Replies

• simonthethird jenny864

Do please listen to your doctor.  Any other "alternative" treatment should be in addition to what s/he prescribes.

This is a mediacl forum after all!

0 Report this reply to simonthethird

• jenny864 simonthethird

Thanks for your reply and advice. Unfortunately prescribed treatment is not working as well as I had hoped. Alternative treatment I meant to use as an addition to the prescribed treatment, so that may be able to contribute better efficiency.

0 Report this reply to jenny864

• We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

We sometimes need to review content before it’s published to make sure it meets the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

• We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

We sometimes need to review content before it’s published to make sure it meets the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

• Taajsgpm jenny864

That sounds like a definate reason for a second opinion, acid treatments? when there are so many natural ways to go?

0 Report this reply to Taajsgpm

• jenny864 Taajsgpm

Exactly, I don't want to apply this treatment anymore, of course I will consult my doctor first. As a next treatment he mentioned something about Cryotherapy, but before this treatment would like to be more informed about some herbal treatments, I read that certain herbs, such as lady’s mantle, centaury, Lemon balm etc. may help. Do you have more information about that ? 

0 Report this reply to jenny864

• thehealthaffair jenny864

Hi jenny864, people who have never had genital warts always speak the way they do. I had genital warts back in March, suffered with it for 4months! - In July of this year I tried the 'alternative' method & within a week the warts were gone OK, I've been wart free since July 2014, that almost 6months OK! So if you feel you want to try another way, please don't let others tell you no.

For me the treatments by the doctors didn't help at all, they kept growing back. & even larger than before; it was devastating. - please message me if you are still wanting to try an alternative method. Have a great weekend!

0 Report this reply to thehealthaffair...

• Emily1234567 jenny864

Hi,

I was diagnosed with genital warts when I was 16 and it took me a while for them to go.

Although I don't have any natural alternatives I would recommend you getting them frozen by your doctor as I found this to be the most effective way.

0 Report this reply to Emily1234567

• jerry96433 jenny864

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

Forums Terms & Conditions