Genital Warts? HPV? Molluscum contagiosum? Help please?

Posted , 4 users are following.

What do you guys think those 3 "pimples"(right side of the picture) are?

I would like to say a few things:

1. I have no symptoms. No itching, no burning, no problems when I pee/ejaculate or anything like that. Everything it's normal.
  2. I had unprotected sex (only oral) with a woman about 2 months ago.
  3. The area next to these 3 "pimples" seem to be a bit more light skinned than the rest, but it might be just my impression really.

What do you think it could be? I noticed them about 4-5 days ago.

Obviously I'm going to visit my doctor but I want some opinions... image

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

its not herpes for a start not blisters they look like harmless papules to me image but obviously get checked just to be sure

• Posted

They don't really bother me at all. I will go to the doctor in 2-3 days. I was just curious what people might think.

I'm quite sure they are not fordyce spots though because I have those as well and they look a bit different in terms of size(my fordyce spots are a bit smaller)

• Posted

let me know wat the outcome is i dont think its anything serious dosnt look like warts but even if they was they can easily be removed

• Posted

I mean I'd expect warts to look more "nasty" or "weird". They look like very small pimples. It's actually very hard to see them most of the time. When I'm erect I can't even see them.

The fact that they do not hurt or cause any sort of harm/trouble gives me hope, but the internet doesn't really help me(it breaks my spirits reading all the bad "posibilities")

They look like bigger fordyce spots. I have some on the other side of the penis but I can only see them if I bend the penis and they are not as big.

Now maybe you don't know the exact answer but do you think they could be HPV?

• Posted

they dnt look like hpv warts to me

• Posted

Molluscum contagiosum if u give one a squeeze cheesy fluid comes out of it do they have smell dimples on the top of them ....i dont think its that either tbh

• Posted

i dont like to say unless i know the answer but if i was to guess id say that they are harmless and nothing to worry about i dont think they are warts they can be small and dome shaped or they can look like cauliflower spikes of skin in this case i dont see hpv warts but im not a doctor

• Posted

due to the fact there in a row like that says to me its just raised papules normal skin given the fact there not blisters or cauliflower shaped or oozing fluid i think your panicking over something and nothing eve. if they was hpv warts they can be treated most spots can be treated

• Posted

If it was HPV, shouldn't I be worried about something else? I mean the fact that they are on the penis doesn't really bother me.. I can't feel them, they don't hurt or itch or burn or anything else, so I don't care about them in terms of appearance. But HPV overall can lead to some other bad things... that's what Im talking about.

• Posted

it depends in what strain it is warts in men can be treated and they may never return again

• Posted

There's currently no cure for HPV. However, most health problems that are caused by HPV are treatable. If you develop genital warts, your doctor will use a variety of topical and oral medications to treat the condition. HPV-related cancers are also treatable, especially when diagnosed at an early stage....best thing to do is visit a doctor if u think they are warts there are many different strains of hpv

• Posted

alot of people have hpv i have it i have a common wart on my toe a form of hpv but that dosnt mean im going to get cancer

• Posted

if they was warts doctor will burn em off lazer em or freeze them or use a certain type of acid to get rid of them cos u dont want ur whole penis full of warts warts spread u can end up wi loads of them

• Posted

I went to the doctor today. He told me there's nothing to worry about. It's raised papules as you said and what I actually see there is the hair's root sorta.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.