Genital warts HPV transmission

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I have a question about genital warts transmission since I didn't find anything on this topic on the Internet. I was diagnosed with HPV warts and I'm really curious right now. I've had only one sexual partner, was a virgin before just like my partner. Neither of us were involved in any kind of sexual activity before each other. So I REALLY doubt it was my partner. But I'm suspicious of Brazilian waxing, which I've done twice in my life. Even though 2 doctors told that it is close to impossible and it must be some kind of sexual activity.

The question is, how do genital warts spread? I'm aware that it is due skin-to-skin contact. But could I catch it from Brazilian waxing since I have no warts on labia majora, only on labia minora near clitoris and near the entrance. Those areas were not touched during waxing for sure.

Do you get your skin infected and it kinda spreads further without any warts in the place of infection OR you get warts in the place of infection and then it spreads?

Really confused. If you're planning to go to an ObGyn soon would be amazing if you asked, because I'm not able to visit mine for a while now.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hola , vi tu publication y tengo el Mismo Y No Es El VPH , sé lo Que es darte la ONU Diagnóstico erróneo y te aconsejo Que busques en Google Una papilomatosis vestibular Que mar diferente a las verrugas del VPH . doctores con doctores con más preparación

• Posted

how were you diagnosed? did they take a biopsy. also you can get genital warts from skin to skin contact. where are they located?

• Posted

I was diagnosed by 3 doctors by visual examination. No, they didn't take a biopsy, I want to request a biopsy a bit later when I have money for it.

Yes, I am aware about skin to skin contact, my question was: Do you get warts NOT directly in the exact place of infection and it spreads to other location and then causes warts OR you get warts in the place of infection and then it spreads?

Two of them are located symmetrically on both sides at the ends of labia minora near the clitoris and at vestibule (near urethra and entrance) in rows.

• Posted

go to an actual obgyn! and if its on both sides its called vestibular paplae. do they itch?

• Posted

all 3 of them were ObGyns...

Nope, I didn't feel anything just discovered it by accident when I for some reason wanted to look at my vag for the first time.

• Posted

Sigue buscando, pide una biopsia y una PCR para ver si realmente es VPH, a mi me pasó que me dijeron que eran verrugas pero el diagnóstico estaba equivocado y me di cuenta que el médico solo quería hacer intervención. También hay una publicación muy vieja de una chica a la que todos los doctores le dijeron que eran verrugas hasta que se hizo una biopsia que decía que no era VPH

• Posted

Damn!

Do you by any chance have a link to that discussion?

Well, I actually got 2 PCR tests for HPV both from inside vagina and in vestibule near urethra and entrance. For 6, 11 and several high-risk strains. Both times negative. Doctors said HPV might went away and just left those papillae afterwards...🤷

I'm really confused. Really want to do a biopsy but afraid that it's gonna show warts anyway... It stresses me out so much...

• Posted

Well, I don't know I'm not a doc, so yeah, it's just really confusing

• Posted

Mary, how did you find out yours were not HPV related? Through biopsy?

• Posted

Primero me vieron dos ginecólogas, una no dijo nada, la segunda dijo que era normal. El tercero dijo que eran verrugas y me puse a investigar sobre verrugas en los labios menores, hasta que me apareció un documento que decía que un error de diagnóstico de las verrugas era la papilomatosis vestibular, la cual no se relaciona al VPH. De ahí investigué en artículos de PubMed y me recomendaron a otra ginecóloga la cuál tiene estudios especializados en colposcopia y tracto inferior y por lo tanto, también experta en VPH. Ella me revisó y me explico que estas papilas tienen una sola base, un vaso sanguíneo dentro de ellas, están en forma simétrica en el vestíbulo, introito vaginal y labios menores, su color es igual al de la piel y no se ponen blancas con ácido acético. Ella me dijo que NO era necesario una biopsia para asegurar que no era VPH porque esta descrito en la literatura científica que son una variante anatómica de la vulva. Además si tu ya te hiciste pruebas PCR para el VPH y salieron negativas debes estar tranquila porque con la PCR se confirma si las lesiones son o no VPH, la biopsia puede ayudar pero el verdadero diagnóstico siempre es por prueba PCR. Además si esas papilas fueran verrugas saldrían siempre positivas a la PCR. Te recomiendo que busques información más profunda y vayas con una ginecóloga que sea experto, porque hasta ellos tienen especialidades en otras cosas y los que te deben dar ese diagnóstico son los que expertos en colposcopia, tracto inferior y VPH.

• Posted

So anyone possibly knows the answer to this question?

• Posted

Cambiar a españolFirst I saw two gynecologists, one did not say anything, the second said it was normal. The third one said that they were warts and I began to investigate warts on the labia minora, until I was presented with a document that said a diagnostic error of the warts was vestibular papillomatosis, which is not related to HPV. From there I researched PubMed articles and they recommended me to another gynecologist who has specialized studies in colposcopy and lower tract and therefore, also an expert in HPV. She checked me and explained that these papillae have a single base, a blood vessel inside them, they are symmetrically in the vestibule, vaginal introitus and labia minora, their color is the same as the skin and they do not turn white with acid acetic. She told me that a biopsy was NOT necessary to ensure that it was not HPV because it is described in the scientific literature as an anatomical variant of the vulva. In addition, if you already did PCR tests for HPV and came out negative you should be calm because with PCR it is confirmed whether the lesions are HPV or not, the biopsy can help but the true diagnosis is always by PCR test. Also, if those papillae were warts, they would always be positive to the PCR. I recommend that you look for more in-depth information and go with a gynecologist who is an expert, because even they have specialties in other things and those who should give you that diagnosis are those who are experts in colposcopy, lower tract and HPV.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.