Genital warts or vestibular papillomatosis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

imageimageimageimage

The last time I had sex was 4 years ago but I am always masturbating all by myself then I noticed tiny little bumps on my inner labia. I'm only 20 and I don't know how to deal with it. I'm afraid that it might be a genital wart, but I do hope it's not.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Hi krizzia,

I agree with both cat and kau. These are just vestibular papillomas- nothing serious and no treatment required.

See the annotated image below

Adhari

• Posted

Hello! am I correct to assume you are a medical worker? if so, I have an over half a year issue that a gynocologist stated was probably nothing serious and only sent me home with antihistamines. they did nothing. I have cut out gluten as advised and so far im still dealing with this localized redness that stings/burns only upon touch.

some days its more red then others. I am a 23 year old virgin, and have switched to all natural ingredient for everything, including menstrual pads. Due to this pandemic i still didn't get to set a nee appointment and i'm just left wondering what this could be. vulvodynia? No ides whatelse to do...

• Edited

Hi cat07812,

It's possible you could have vulvodynia or vestibulodynia. It's a diagnosis that is made only after excluding other conditions, such as infections, etc. Good source of information and advice on self-management available from British Association of Dermatology and DermnetNZ, search for vestibulodynia, vulvodynia or vulvar-vestibulitis.

At some point you'll need to consult a gynaecologist or dermatologist with an interest in the condition. If you live in the UK, go to a sexual health clinic (NHS) for advice and referral once lockdown restrictions ease.

Rgds,

Adhari

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.