Geographic tongue since being with a girl

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey!

6 months ago I was with a girl, and then my problems started. It's actually a geographic tongue, but I'm pretty sure I got something from that girl. But all my STD tests came back negative. Do you have any idea? Sometimes my tongue looks like on the first picture, and in 2 days it can clear up to look like on the second, and then it starts all over. Someone having the same condition?imageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

if you have had the tests and its come

back negative then maybe retest in a few weeks depends when uou had sex with her. some take ip to 3 months to incubate and for the test to be accurate.

sorry i cant help elaberate on what this could be

• Posted

I had sex in January, I had test for everything after 3 and a half week from the event. But I repeated many tests later, HIV after 2 months, Syphilis after 3 months, gonorrhea after 2,5 months, but everything negative.

• Posted

Did you notice changes only in your tongue or anything else? How is the behavior of your stomach? Tongue changes use to be caused by stomach diseases.

• Edited

as you said it is something new. Never had it before.

could be a type of Candida. not the common white plaque oral thurst. something more like an erythematous candidiasis.

She could have a vaginal discharge down there. pretty common on girls.

Have it bleed when brushing your tongue? Does it pain? Have you tried medications for this problem or any other health issues?

How is it your perception of flavors? Does your tongue have a weird feeling? Is there something to say about salivation?

However, could probably be just a idiopathic geography tongue.

• Edited

hey im currently having the same problem right now with my tongue, did you ever figure out what was wrong? i went to get tested and my hiv results were negative. i dont know if its hpv, but i dont think it is because i got two rounds of the gardisal shot or however you spell that but i only need one more shot. anyways im like stressing so like let me know please if you found anything out or if youre still having the symptoms

• Posted

There is no oral test for HPV only a vaginal test. I have HPV from over a decade ago and my tongue issue just started eight months ago. The doctor told me HPV can cause tongue cancer but they do not think that I have tongue cancer. So who knows But this is driving me crazy because I can’t figure out why my tongue is doing this

• Posted

did you figure out what this is? I have the same exact thing and it didn’t start happening until I got a new male partner and like you I also tested negative for all STDs many times and I have been to three different doctors and nobody knows what it is and this has been going on for eight months. One doctor said geographic tongue but and another doctor said it wasn’t so I don’t know I’m not convinced though is . One doctor said geographic tongue but and another doctor said it wasn’t so I don’t know I’m not convinced that is what it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.