gerd.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have suffered with health anxiety in the past but this feels different. I keep feeling sick, night sweats, neck/back/shoulder pain, feeling like my throat is closing up and my lungs,  My gp checked my lungs and oxygen levels and they were fine, all my bloods were fine too. He says i have gerd/acid but i never believe them and always think it's serious.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Gerd isn't serious, but could just as likely be pure anxiety. I have all these things or have had at varying times and there's nothing more to it than anxiety
  • Posted

anxiety comes with different symptoms, some are more severe than others, some last longer than others. i have the same symptoms as yours and physically i am all good. dont worry if doctors have said there isnothing wrong physically and you have had a blood check and all is fine then its just anxiety. see a professional to help you with your anxiety. hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hello, Dianne are you havind any idigestion, I am having back pain  between my shoulder blades.  I saw a doctor 2 days ago he told me I just had a stomach bug, I asked him if it could be my heart and he did an ecg and it wa abnormal, he told me not to worry but to come back in one week and have another doctor look at it. I also get bad head aches. 
  • Posted

One piece of advice that I KNOW works is to stop reading all the messages on the anxiety board!   I used to get panic attacks, sometimes at the slightest thing and would regularly get worked up about going on holiday or going somewhere different or going out for a meal or meeting new people etc.  I had been anxious for years but I never got as bad as some of the people who explain, in great detail, all their anxiety symptoms.  One day a few months ago I decided that I wouldn't read any of the messages as they were only fuelling my symptoms and even giving me new ones to worry about.  I had to go to London a couple of months ago and usually go once a year and every time I spend sleepless nights worrying about what MIGHT go wrong but nothing ever does.  This time, because I hadn't been reading the messageboard I was the calmest I had been for a long time and was actually looking forewward to going rather than the usual dreading it.  It also helped that I recorded a message to myself on my ipad, giving myself a good telling off and listing all the stupid things I get, sorry got, worked up about and I played it several times until I had convinced myself that I was ruining my life by letting anxiety take over.  It was if a weight had been lifted off me and while I think I am not completely at ease with things I certainly don't get worked up like I used to.  Too much reading about other people's woes does NOT help.  If anyone has had tests and they have all come back as normal then that's a time to celebrate not dismiss them and carry on worrying.  Just tell yourself that you are fortunate to be healthy as there are plenty of people around with life threatening illnesses so they are in a much worse position than someone who feels anxious for what are probably the silliest of reasons.
  • Posted

Do you ever feel really dizzy? 

I've just had 3 beers in the pub and I'm now so so dizzy and got such a headache

• Posted

Hi Dianne - are you on any new meds? If so, it might be a reaction to them ...

• Posted

I have been on lansoprazole since Thursday. Had all the family round and i had mulled wine and ham sandwiches and i am burping and sick/food just came up in my mouth.
    • Posted

From what I know, that drug has something to do with your guts (the acid in your stomach). It wouldn't surprise me to hear that it made you burp and that bile came up in your mouth. Probably nothing to worry about at all!

Clearly, that drug isn't responsible for your other symptoms. You mention that you're anxious about your health. If I were you, I'd arrange to see a GP again, and explain to them the symptoms - and ask them to just make sure that things are okay.

Maybe see a different GP - to get a second opinion.

Good luck.

• Posted

I have saw 3 different gp's in 3 weeks and none are concerned they have just said gerd/acid reflux.
    • Posted

For now, I'd try not to worry. The doctors have said that things are fine. It's hard not to stress out - especially if you suffer from health anxiety. But worry will only make it worse.

Why not keep notes on how things progress. If you suffer any symptoms, write them down (what happened, when it happened, and how long it went on for). If your situation continues, then go back to your doctor - and inform them of what's happened, and let them see your notes. That way there will be a record - and they can't ignore it. If they try to fob you off, ask to see someone higher up - say, a consultant.

Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.