GERD?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well. Just need some advice at 3 (almost 4) in the morning because my anxiety has woken me up. Just curious if anyone else sometimes burps up food after a few hours? I had it happen yesterday night when I had eaten around 6 and burped up some food at 3 and I was diagnosed with GERD but no real testing.. Also have gallstones.

Have also noticed that I have pain in where I normally get GB pain (right in the middle of my ribcage and right side of ribcage) as soon as I eat. Some days are easier than others. Just scared that my body isn't right. No nausea or anything. Normally after I eat, I get burping, bloating, occasionally pain and feeling of uncomfortableness in my stomach (even simple foods can hurt me, but some days I get no pain/with the uncomfortableness, normally eased by burping), and sometimes a burning feeling. I do also sit up after eating, if that helps.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Try to eliminate faty foods to start with and create a food diary for yourself..gluten free and lactose free is always a help. You will need to adjust your diet and strictly follow it. As well as visit to your gp and probably endoscopy with blood check will do for start... just to eliminate other possible causes.
    • Posted

Thank you, I see her next month anyways so I'll ask her about it. I think a lot of it is to do with my gallbladder because I've felt weird after a bad attack so my diet has been pretty strict but I break it some days so that could've been why. Just had a bit of anxiety :,)

• Posted

See your doctor again.  Ask for a HIDA scan to check gallbladder function; indigestion can be caused by gallbladder problems.  Since you have gallstones, this could be causing your symptoms. Also ask for an endoscopy to check for GERD.   Try a food diary to see what foods irritate your stomach.   Try not to worry because anxiety makes GI problems worse.
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice! I'm gonna ask for some more testing when I see the surgeon or my GP to check on my gallbladder/gallstones. Trying to avoid surgery for now.

• Posted

This sounds like a duplicate (almost) of my symptoms before I got my GB removed. I had GB location pains, occasional nausea and GERD also. Burping (food burping also) bloating discomfort was common. My guts hated fatty foods. I had a pain episode one night that took me to ER resulting in GB stone detection. I had the GB removed. This happened 1.5 years ago. Since then only occasional issues. I take Omeprazol every day. Much much better.
    • Posted

My first ever attack ended up with me in the ER too.. wasn't fun, the worse pain I've ever experienced. Thank you for letting me know because being like this brings me down some days. I'm just glad I'm not losing anymore weight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.