Gerd

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have been having a lot of burning in my stomach and real nauseous.  The burning gets so bad sometimes that I have discomfort in my chest and my back. 

I went to see my doctor and she said I Have Gerd.  I Was Given Omeprazole and hope it starts working quick because I Am Miserable. 

Has anyone had gerd and can anyone give me any suggestions on how or what to do to be more comfortable. 

Thank You 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ask your doctor for some Zofran for the nausea it helps me a lot .
    • Posted

Thank You Robert For Replying. 

Yes Zofran is excellent for nausea.  I always have it on hand so when I have my vertigo attacks due to BPPV. 

Thank You

Have A Great Day. 

• Posted

I have had GERD for years and it can give me chest pain and a cough.  Omeprazole worked for me.  Simply try the omeprazole and give it a chance to work; don't worry because anxiety can make heartburn worse.  Eat little but often, don't eat too late at night and keep a food diary to see if any foods set the burning off.  Fatty, rich and spicy foods are not good for GERD and affect me.  I have IBS as well and I am living a perfectly normal life because I have simply got used to the symptoms.

• Posted

Thank You Pippa for replying.  I have been taking the medication as directed and I am feeling better.  I still get the little cough in the morning but not like before.  I am staying away from spicy foods as well as juices and citrus plus chocolate. 

Have  a Great Day. 🌸

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.