GERD

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. I've been having presumed dyspepsia symptoms since last September. I started to occassionally get burning chest pains into my throat. The discomfort starts under my left breast and goes under my ribs and then up into my chest. I don't get it at night. I get sore throats a lot and I can feel my dinner coming up when I do upside down poses in yoga (2-3 times a week).

Saw my GP who did an h. Pylori stool test- negative and a bunch of bloods which were normal. Took Omeprazole for a month with no difference.

More recently I have had the chest discomfort most days for the last 6 weeks- lots of burping, yellower stools. The discomfort is relieved for a short time by Rennies. I have quit tomatoes, tea, chocolate and wine and have seen an improvement in symptoms.

GP has now put me on Lansoprazole (Day 1 today) but I've been bad today after going to a spicy barbeque 2 days ago 😦

Any tips? And does this sound like GERD? I rarely get the burn just the left breast, and retrosternal discomfort.

Oh, I am a 43 yr old. Female, healthy weight and active.

Thanks x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes it does sound like gerd stay away from spices coffee and junk foods eat a healthy diet of fish white meats vegetables no citrus fruits alcohol don't eat late at night note what make you worse we can all have different triggers tr

• Posted

yes it does sound like gerd stay away from spices coffee and junk foods eat a healthy diet of fish white meats vegetables no citrus fruits alcohol don't eat late at night note what make you worse we can all have different triggers tr

• Posted

I find esomeprazole the best ppi. What dose have you been on of the omeprazole?

• Posted

I'm not sure. It was one tablet a day. Hopefully the lanso will help!

• Posted

Did anything change last year that could have brought this on? You used the term dyspepsia which is usually an inflammation of the stomach lining. This causes the stomach to take up more space under the diaphragm. It can push against other organs and cause pain and nausea. My dyspepsia was caused by a new prescription. But getting it to heal takes a long time. I use Vitamin E liquid caps. It has to be real, natural E. I swallow a few drop every hour and then break a full one before bed. I also use a lot of Organic, low acid, extra virgin olive oil. And especially before bed.

It sounds like you eliminated a number of other causes. But I am a little concerned it could also be a sliding Hiatal hernia. It can cause some of your symptoms. Some people treat a Hiatal hernia by drinking a glass of water and then jumping up and down on a small trampoline to move the stomach back down. When the stomach protrudes above the Diaphragm it can cause pain. Make sure you don't allow food to accumulate in the esophagus when eating. Wash it down with water. Take any pills with food to make sure they don't get stuck in the esophagus. John

• Posted

Thank you.

Yes in the last year I have been quite stressed. My youngest daughter started school and I struggled, missing terribly 😦

My job is very stressful and I work long shifts, night and day.

Then the worry that I will feel like this forever doesnt help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.