Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i was diagnosed with Gerd 2 years ago

Been on and off ppis since.

I have decided to have the surgery .

I was told i had short segments baretts of 3cm

I had a demeester score of 20 on my ph study

I am asking anyone thats suffers the same

have you had a tongue symptoms

Since all this started for me my tongue has been white with a yellow coating at the back

With a tingling burning sensation .

This is my main symptom now .

Is this maybe from the ppis or frim the acid coming into my mouth

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Mike.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi pal . My name is dean .I have barretts ospahagus .4cm segment.and sliding Hiatus hernia. I am 33 I was diagnosed with barretts about 8-9years ago .I have been on 40 mg a day if omeprazole for all them years .I always get a yellow and white tongue and it worried me thinking what was it .I still get it now and have at the minute .the acid can come up into your mouth .But I'm not sure the cause .I looked into surgery .But I'm in sure .what us your age pal .do you have a good diet .do you drink alcohol or smoke .as I have been stupid the last year and got into bad depression and started to drink alot . I hope what ever option you go for .it helps .I also tried to have the 24hr monitor acid test .But on the day I couldn't manage to keep the tube down my nose .so said I couldn't have it .so I don't no what my levels are like .I had a scope last September

.just have to be monitored every 2 years .

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Dean.

The tongue symptoms panicked me at first i also gotbadly depressed.

So for me i am putting it down to a combination of ppi use and the acid #]

Because before i had a normal tongue until i got sick with this .

and not matter what i do scrape or anything it comes back .

I drink a bit but not much and dont smoke

• Posted

Hi pal .very well could be ppi as I no they are not supposed to be good long-term . But the consultant always consist I stay on them .due to barretts .Yea the tongue scared me pal .I still have a yellow tongue now .been to different places to see what it was think it just due to acid .I also have the horse throat .constantly clearing my throat. I fell really badly Into depression last year and this year spent a bit of time in a mental health hospital .stated drinking alot of alcohol .which at the time. I didn't care But now I am very worried thinking could I have caused cancer with my barretts . But hopefully not .it's bad we have barretts .But least we get monitored . what surgery was you looking into pal the lynx. so do you ever get chest push and a funny smell in your nose .Yea the tongue always comes back .

• Posted

also lately I get Lot of heartburn . But put that down to not the best diet .I am not working very well with my barretts at the minute .I really need a life style change

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.