GERD advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all,

ive been having problems for around 9 months now. i did have gallstones and had my gallbladder removed in march this year.

im suffering quite badly with what i think are gerd symptoms. belching, sickness, pains in throat.

the one which worries me the most is the raise in my heart rate. before all of this it was a normal 60ish. now when i feel unwell it sits around 78-100.

does anyone else have these issues ? if so what helps???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen: Surgery of any kind is very traumatic to the body. It can upset balances in intestinal bacteria and electrolytes, vitamins and minerals. I would suggest a focus on high nutrition to help your body to heal. You will need a high speed blender.

Every day make a vegetable and fruit smoothie. Include fresh spinach, kale, carrots, some berries, filtered water. Blend on high. Then add a few scoops of protein powder on low speed.. Then pour some in a large glass and add 6 tablespoons of organic probiotic yogurt, stir with a spoon. You may need to add some more water to make it smooth. Drink a large glass 4 times a day, a small glass before bed.

When you have a meal, include a salad and if you can include some baked chicken or mild fish. White tuna is okay. Take a high quality enzyme with each meal. Then as you can tolerate, add vitamin D, E, A, a multi mineral capsule, a multi B vitamin.

This may sound like a lot of work, but it is worth it. Start out slow and work up to add each item one at a time.

Since you had your gallbladder removed you may need to add more and more enzymes with each meal until you find the amount your body needs. John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.