Few years ago following soemone i know passing away i started getting weird feelings, chest and abdominal pains, no matter what i ate it was so bad, felt kinda shakey and just something didnt feel right and i was in pain and annoyed all the time ... i've done all kinds of tests, with the last being gastroscopy ... they found that my stomach lining was inflammed and my doctor put me on rantidine, i would feel better for a week or two they it got worse and slowly i started taking more and more drugs till i was taking 1-2 tablets of Nexium (omperazole) a day .... i countinued like that for a year or two and whenever i suddenly stopped the meds i had the worst acid refulx you can imagine plus other annoying symptoms ..... that was till last year i read some articles here and there about omperazole and that its not risk free and actually not as a safe and can cause serious damage so i stopped taking it and went back to rantidine , which is weaker and sometimes i do have a bit of a heartburn but i try to take it on time and eat good .
thing is nexium is bad, its good for heartburn but at what cost ?! plus taking it was probably causing me frequent gastritis , rantidine keeps a small amount of acid which is good, far less side affects and safer but it doesnt help 100% and lasts only 10-11 hours .
iam 23 years old and i dont feel normal, whenever i go out with friends, drink , eat chocolate or do anything fun i end up with heartburn and pain so i have to always keep a great diet and cant even bend forward , this is not the kind of life anyone wants especially when youre not even 30 !! my doctor told me i can keep taking pills or theres a surgery (nissens) , basically tying the stomach around the valve to strengthen it and stop the refulx .... what i want to know is how many people actually had it, does it work and if does for how long .