GERD + Anxiety Disorder ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i'm 19 we've been in hospital 3 times but we go straight to E.R the reason is i can't breathe and my heart is pounding fast it feels like i'm dying. 1st hospital they said that they can't give me any medicine because i'm just drunk but i don't know what to do then after an hour i calm down then 2 weeks after i shot 1 glass of brandy  then i suddenly remember what happen to me that i can't breathe and almost die then again i can't breathe and panic that night we go to the ospital to the E.R again and the doctor said to me that i have GERD so again i calm down and the doctor give me some medications for my GERD but when we got home i panic because of my upper back pain i thought i was high blood and again i can't breathe so nervouse thinking i will die any minute i walk outside talk to my uncle then we research it he said i just have a panic attack then when i go to sleep i can't breathe if feels like my heart is stopping i'm so worry about it that i feel i'am dying again but my uncle said it's because of GERD. 3rd time in the hospita i've been test by ECG but nothings wrong with my heart they said i'am 100% normal but they dont know why i can't breathe and dizzy they said something "palpitaion" then they sent us home because theres nothing wrong so i sleep then in the other day i feel something strange it's feels like its not me when i'm walking , playing some video games , watching TV , whatever i do it feels like its not me i feel dizzy & having headache when i play video games for too long the worst is i loss some weight until now i'm so afraid because i feel like i will die any minute that i won't last sometimes i feel weak and just wanna sleep sleep slee i know about the GERD & i know stay to much at night i always sleep late but this strange feeling that it feels like i'm not me plus i'm having some cold feet even if it is hot i'm so worry about it i wanna go back to my old me i wanna feel my self again please help me about this i wanna know if i have this Anxiety Disorder

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zedis,

I'm sorry to hear you are unwell at the moment. It sounds very much like you suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. You should see your GP and tell him exactly how you feel. Try and do some relaxation and try to exercise if you can, even if it is to just go for some walks. It is horrible and frightening to have that but it is the nature of anxiety sad what you need to know is that although it is horrid it has never killed anyone and it is your body trying to protect you (fight or flight response) It's a boost of adrenaline that makes you feel all funny.. Plus it is very common to have derealisation.. Try not to worry too much. It will take time for you to adjust and accept but you are definitely not alone and it will eventually pass (medication, CBT, relaxation....) just look everything up and discuss it with your GP.

All the best x

• Posted

I wanna ask if Anxiety can affect my memory , focus , my hearing & emotion ?

Because i'm having some trouble like my brain is blank i can't think right like before & my memory is getting rust i don't know why my hearing kinda get weak this days this things i don't know if it is part of Anxiety

• Posted

I think if you see your GP, and also tell him you think its panic disorder and would appreciate his or her opinion on the symptoms and how to improve the situation with help, they should be able to sort things for you.

CBT and relaxation or good methods and maybe some short term meds to calm you in the meantime too may help

• Posted

i wanna ask because when i'am playing some video games / computer games i get more dizzy should i stop or should i reduce my time playing ?
  • Posted

Hi zedis. 

All your symptoms sound like health anxiety. Let me tell you that you are not alone. I and many others have exactly same problems and symptoms. Remember what others have said here earlier that panic attacks never killed anybody. And all your symptoms are  your bodies way of fighting against fear of something wrong. It's simple like.... You see every pack of cigarette has a warning sign over it that it is injurious to health. It is just to frighten you so that you may quit smoking and prevent yourself against any possible disease. Similarly when you are anxious about your health, your body gives you these symptoms to frighten you and take some step to fight against that fear of health issue which you believe you have. It is what FIGHT OR FLIGHT is. If your mind fight against these symptoms, you get anxiety and panic attacks and if you ignore and divert your thoughts away then that is flight like flying away from panic attacks and thus you don't get anxiety. FLIGHT is surely the best action and will cure you of this anxiety.

Now the next thing is that it is very hard to believe that your negative thoughts in mind are so much powerful that they can actually give you chest pains, arm and leg pains, bumping heart and night pulse rate and all other symptoms of heart or any other health issues. But actually mind is that powerful and we confuse it with serious chronic diseases.

The more you ignore it the better you would get. If you feel something is wrong with your heart just go to a cardiologist and get yourself checked and he will clear that is it any disease or simply anxiety. Then it should calm you down.

Believe me I have all these symptoms so don't think you are alone. Follow other peoples posts over health anxiety on this forum which will help you a lot.

• Posted

Because i'm having some trouble like my brain is blank i can't think right like before & my memory is getting rust i don't know why my hearing kinda get weak this days this things i don't know if it is part of Anxiety

• Posted

Also I would suggest to ignore drinking as it only makes your condition worse not better.
  • Posted

Thank you guys thank you very much , i stop smoking & drinking alcohol about a month ago i don't know if i can see a GP or a cardiologist because of financial problem & i'm from phillipines , i'm not saying my country is poor but it's so hard in here :D but i really appriciate your replies even if i feel i'm not on my self i don't mind it anymore i guess this is life so i'll just keep on moving forward i also think that the problem is me i overthink too much that i will die and i panic too much so i became like this.

But if you have some more tips can you give me more i'm new to this i think i was so scared of dying too leave my brother so early

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.