Gerd, ear and head pressure, ringing in ears,dizzy, neck pain, vision problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

4 weeks ago my eyesight went really blurry I thought I was having a migraine but the blurred vision didnt go away..I went to a&e and they just said I was having a migraine however I know it wasnt as I have suffered with migraines and my blurry vision normally went away after half and hour and I never had a headache with this. the next day my vision was still blurred and I started to get other symptoms, head and ear pressure and nose pressure with a stuffy nose and a feeling like I was going to pass out every now and then and i was sitting in the car and it felt like the car was moving when it wasnt. when I ate something it would come back up my throat. I also had neck pain. I saw an eye doctor and he said my eyes were fine so I tried to book an appointment with my doctor but couldnt get one so I didnt bother and after a week the symptoms went away and I felt normal again however today I have all the symptoms again minus the blurred vision..I have a heavy feeling in ears and head, neck pain and feeling of going to pass out also I ate a chip and it came back up in my throat..I suffer from anxiety i have a lot of stresses in my life which make my anxiety bad..I had an mri recently as had lots of pains in my tailbone back neck and other symptoms like muscle spasms pains in my sides and burning sensations..also ice cold sensations on my feet..I was tested for spondylitis but mri came back negative..I didnt know if what is going on with my head ears etc Is linked to what is going on in my body.. had anyone had anything similar?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Much of what you said are compatible with GERD. Try checking your blood pressure and heart rate at the moments of these attacks. You would find rather interesting figures.

Perhaps you need to see a gasro.

• Posted

Much of what you said are compatible with GERD. Try checking your blood pressure and heart rate at the moments of these attacks. You would find rather interesting figures.

• Posted

• Posted

hi there...I can relate. I get fullness and ringing in my ears, dizziness, headaches, & neck pain related to reflux. I also suffer from health anxiety which makes everything worse. Were you given any medication to treat the reflux?

• Posted

hi no I have been trying to get a doc appointment for 2 weeks now with no luck..last night I woke up feeling really dizzy I managed to get back to sleep but today I have a full feeling in head neck pain and heartburn x

• Posted

WOW....you're the first person that I've heard having the tailbone pain and shivering like I do! I've mentioned this to the doctor and they seem to think that I'm insane unfortunately. I've been reading up on this and think it might be caused by inflammation. Have you had issues with your bladder?? Feeling sudden urination? I have a Kidney Stone now (probably caused by this acid running throughout my body). My urine is "sparkling" or jumpy....I think this is due to kidney issues. I too get the extreme cold feeling and the tailbone pain/pressure. No matter what I do the acid never ever stops!!! I go through an endless amount of tissues. This will sound gross but I'm gonna say it anyway...my acid smells like a sweet butter or something like that. I get "stones" that come up from my throat (not just from tonsils but can feel them coming up my throat). I also get the dizziness and confusion. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in my head and ears or like I'm living in a bubble.

I've been going through this for YEARS now! The good (and bad) news is...it hasn't killed me (yet). I'm not the same person I was before this started. Personality changes (that I think is caused by this) and now depression. I have days that I'm so weak...I don't feel I can even lift my hand up to take a drink. I've stopped so many foods, stopped drinking carbonation, stopped smoking a while back, stopped any citrus. My heart skips around and BP shoots up. No one can give me relief or answers yet.

It doesn't seem to be killing me. Since this has gone on for years now, I've stopped telling people about it and suffer in silence. If you break your leg...you get a cast and people see that you are struggling a bit and try to reach out and help you. Cancer patience shave their heads and people can actually "see" that they're going through a tough time but with this...no one seems to really care. They get tired of hearing about your dizzy spells or tiredness, and eventually it just seems that you are just complaining and a downer. It's really sad and my heart goes out to you. I'm not trying to be negative by saying this but I pray this won't last much longer and I just make my departure from all of this!!! I've signed up for new health insurance and hoping to get some better care once that kicks in.

If you get any good info...please let us know! Until then just try (I'm the worst at this) to tell yourself "it hasn't killed me yet". Unfortunately, as much as it feels as if you're going to die...you won't. Also, if you are already taking some sort of PPI, try drinking some liquid acid receiver from the drugstore. This does help me. Not sure what the long-term affects from all the PPI's and drinking the acid reducer is going to be but it's the only relief I know of. Thanks for your post. It helps me know I'm not crazy for feeling the tailbone pain!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.