gerd/gastritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anyone experience back pain with gastritis? also what are some foods i can eat to ease my gerd/gastritis. my symptoms were pretty much going away then i started chewing gum all day everyday for a couple days then i started feeling short of breath, i ate like an hour before going to bed and honestly ive had a habit of eating right before i lay down bc i get this burning hunger feeling in my stomach that wont go away and it makes me shaky unless i eat and by that time im already tired and was preparing for bed. anyway im been getting stomach pain, back pain and nausea. not that im surprised but besides meds what are some way to ease and what foods to eat with gastritis/gerd symptoms. i also wake up having to clear my throat.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes i get lots of back pain all over with these diseases i also have both. i have yet to find any food that really helps at all i just try to stay away from spicy and heavy foods. i eat peppermint candies alot too they help with the nausea i will a couple before bed so I'm not eating a meal before bed. hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Shaexo2000,

It's a new thing to know, that you were able to get relief from gastritis by chewing gum.

By the way, back pain was the first thing happened to me with gastritis. For many months I was asking doctors for back pain treatment. Then finally I realized it was gastritis, not back pain. The pain was felt in the back mainly because stomach lies in between, and you get confused with back pain.

I have heard about Mastic gum and Ibarogast for gastritis. Check google.

Green Tea and Chamomile tea can help. A member here got relief through Chamomile tea.

Very important things in gastritis:

1. Save yourself from anxiety stress and overthinking. You can start going for 30 minutes morning walk , and 15 mins walk after every meal.
    2. Walking and exercising may not solve bacterial infection, but it may help you to reduce the symptoms or atleast not getting new problems in addition.
  • Posted

Don't eat before going to bed; this will make your symptoms worse. Instead, try milk which soothes your stomach and is light. There is no one size fits all foods for gastritis because everyone has different triggers. Try a food diary to see shat foods irritate your stomach and avoid anything, rich, fatty or spicy.

• Posted

Shaexo, with your symptoms it probably is a good idea for you NOT to eat just before going to bed . That might be easier said than done, but if you have to make it a fruit. As far as what to eat is hard to say,it's easier/more like what to avoid or cut back on:

rich, fatty, or spicy foods and chewing gum <these are all not good for you> Sorry. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.