Gerd/ibs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Plse help. I hvbn in zantac over two years. Can't take anything else. Hv had endoscopy and just a small hiatus hernia. Hv had one for many years. I hv heartburn most days and am very very careful what I eat. I'm desperate to know what to do next.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Accept your condition is the best thing one can do. I also didn't like staying on pills (if that is your problem) but you get used to it and life goes on then.. I don't have heartburn now because I take pills regularly.

Accept your condition, modify your diet, adjust your pills and that's it, you'll get used to it.

• Posted

Where is the hernia located?
    • Posted

it is apparently small. Causes a few problems with lifting stretching etc but I have had that for a long long time. 
    • Posted

A naturopath told me to try omega 7, really good for acid reflux. I was doing zantac and others but stopped because I was getting side effects. I turned to natural alternatives and of course watch my diet. Seem to be working fine. Next, I'm thinking of trying the Turbinator chiropractor, he does some type of procedure that suppose to work magic for hatial hernia. People come from all over to see him...he's in the US, houston,Tx.

. .

• Posted

This is all so new to me. Thank you Mary for responding and I will research Omega 7. What were your side effects from Zantac. i was on 600 mg for a year and now its been cut to 150mg twice a day. I am very very strict about my diet due to having a number of food intolerances. ie. Onions garlic spices tho I had no issues at all until 3 years ago.All trial and error Im sure. I cant take omaprazole4, losec, etc so Im very very limited with the drugs I can tolerate. 
    • Posted

Hi Mary I've had reflux problems for a few years and have been taking omeprozole but even though it's been fine for a long time I've now started to get silent reflux at night so need to change diet as scared to eat anything now . What also does omega 7 do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.