GERD is ruining my life

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have reached a point where I m crying myself to sleep. my symptoms are literally making me cry. after lunch today I felt like food was stuck in the food pipe and gas was trapped. I have been burping so much today . my anxiety is over the roof and I m having some very dark thoughts. I am tired of having to fight this everyday of my life. having to look at food and think it might hurt me.😞

failing to socialize to avoid trigger foods and beverages.

I was really hoping that I would manage this.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

youre welcome .Do try taking probiotics 20billion friendly bacteria about two weeks before you start coming of ppis . They will balance your gut out and help with youre immunity .If you google and read up about them it will make sense why you should take them. And you are right about not having enough acid to break down the food you eat ,lack of stomach acid can cause a lot of our symptoms . Take care and if you need any more info or support i will try and help you.

• Posted

Please ask GP for endoscopy done to look at inside. You need to know the reason of the reflux.

If it is hiatus hernia, demand for proper surgery. Trust me the drug really give you a lot of side effect and cause damage to your organ for long term use. Eating habit change will help and sleeping 45 angle is no fun.

Those doctor always say use drug like PPI, H2 blocker but it just suppressing the problem not fixing it, sometimes make it worse.

I was suffering 3cm Hiatus hernia and taking drug make it worse with indigestion, bloating and can't even laying down else reflux. (tip: if you are taking the drug blocker your stool yellow or light colour which means you body not digesting)

I decided to look for an experience gastro surgeon to fix it and it is the best action done. I have my normal life and social life back. To have the surgery will also depend on age, if you still young have the surgery done. Yes, it will be risk for 75 age above but depend on health condition.

• Posted

first find a good gastrointerologist. An assessment should be made of your symptoms. i too, suffered with severe gerd, heartburn, nauseau, bloating.....several tests done example: endoscopy, Ph testing, gastric emptying. after all medications failed to control my symptoms i had fundoplication surgery and a hernia removed. i have mever felt better now. goodluck

• Posted

first find a good gastrointerologist. An assessment should be made of your symptoms. i too, suffered with severe gerd, heartburn, nauseau, bloating.....several tests done example: endoscopy, Ph testing, gastric emptying. after all medications failed to control my symptoms i had fundoplication surgery and a hernia removed. i have mever felt better now. goodluck

• Posted

came off Omeprazol 40mg after 24 years in Feb this year the meds where habing an adverse effect. I have been on the acid watcher diet no foods under PH 5. Never felt so good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.