Gerd is the devil it makes me feel so bad

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had breakfast this morning because I needed to take my medicine. I have a bad chest pain seem like a golf ball stuck in my throat can't burp nothing. I need help with this.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

To be honest, you will always have this kind of issue.  Watching what you eat can help but in the long run it will always be there.  I had that issue as well and the only thing I could do to correct the problem was to have it taken care of.  I had a procedure done called Linx and I had it done about 18 months ago and I will say that IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE for the better.  I no longer need to take the PPI's and I no longer have that feeling in my throat and I don't burp nearly as much unless I am drinking beer.  I would look into the Linx procedure if you can.  Best thing I ever did and I had reflux for a little over 12 years.

• Posted

Hi there.

Is Linx procedure for life or does it need to be redone one day?

Thank u.

• Posted

Hi Jason

Did you take ppi every day for twelve years? and were the horrible symptoms there every day

• Posted

As far as I know it should be a lifetime and even if it wasn't and it needed to be replaced in 10 or 20 years I would get it done again in a heartbeat not even thinking twice about it just because I have no reflux now and it has changed my life for the better and it's an easy easy procedure

• Posted

Kate, for 12 years I tried every which way to get away from the medication. And no matter how hard I tried I kept coming back to the medication. I tried everything out there to try to get rid of it watching my diet losing weight exercising and trying to use the apple cider vinegar which I know works on some people however I could never get relief so yes for about 12 years I was on PPI medication.
    • Posted

what medication have you taken and did it work..we're there a lot of side effects...my worst symptom is the burning throat..

• Posted

Hi Jason

You are very brave to have stayed on this poison for so long and then undergo surgery, were you in a lot of pain after the operation, was it months before you could eat normally, sorry if I've asked you already, I'd love to know there might be light at the end of the tunnel

• Posted

I was taking any medication you can think of that was over the counter and also a prescription by my doctor they all had the same effect on me. I would wake up with a sore throat there A lot of times when I would burp I could feel acid coming up I would also sometimes feel like there is a lump in the back of my throat and after 12 years I said enough is enough I had to get off the medication which is why I then had the procedure to fix my reflux
    • Posted

To be totally honest with you the surgery was a cakewalk. I will say the worst part of the surgery itself is when they fill you with air to do the procedure because afterward for about 5 to 7 days it's a little sore to breathe and your chest hurts in your shoulders hurt but once that pain goes away You're perfectly fine and as for food I was able to eat stuff right away granted you have to eat small bites and chew very thoroughly for the first few days to a couple weeks but after that it's nothing and I was able to go back to work 2 days after the surgery I took one day off to have the surgery and another day off just to rest but I was perfectly fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.