Gerd medicine not working

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm going to make this as short as possible but in the begging of February of 2021 i started to get full very quickly and having heartburn, pain and burning in my throat and i’ve been going to the emergency room four times cause i haven't gotten any better so they told me that i should get an endoscopy to see what is wrong with my stomach and everything went well but the only thing i had was inflammation (gastritis) which it didn't bother me cause its inflammation it'll go away i thought so they prescribed me omeprazole 40mg and famotidine i've been taking omeprazole over 2 months and famotidine 1 month and i don't feel like its working because sometimes i feel burning sensation in my throat or sometimes i feel tight and a clicking noise when i swallow my saliva so i'm not sure what is going on i don't know if i'm going to get better or not i always get to deal with this every day i might feel good in like 3 or 5 days then ill start feel burning in my throat and i want someone to tell me what to do or if they were in the same situation as me and what they did to feel better

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi , this trend was posed a while ago but since i have the same problem i just want to check on you do you feel better? i have inflammation too and none of the PPI works for me im i took it for 6 months it gave me side effect lowering my B12 so i had to be on shot , im suffering with Gerd burning sensation in my stomach and burning plus symptoms i have seen a different gastro she ordered upper abdominal ultrasound it dnt seem right diagnosis .

• Edited

inflammation goes away on its own sometimes, but other times you have to do something to make the inflammation go away. I think that perhaps you could try yogurts. It could be a sign of infection or a small "blister" tear in your throat due to acid issues. See your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.