Gerd/nausea/gnawing pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Guys I'm at a loss, for the last year and a half I've suffered from awful symptoms that just don't go away. The main 2 being persistent nausea and a constant gnawing pain under my ribs. I've been on ppi's for an entire year and nothing has improved..

Changed my diet and eating habits, I eat small portions throughout the day but my problem is that the gnawing pain only gets better when I eat sad. I'm over weight and always have been.. I can't seem to shift ANYTHING not even 1lb with exercise and a reduced diet. My current problem is I eat so the gnawing pain goes away then persist to make myself throw up because sometimes I'm in agony after eating.. Then I'm so hungry later the process goes on and on.

I had an endoscopy last year where they tested for h pylori but no one told me to come off my ppi so I think maybe the test could be wrong when it came back negative?

I could list hundreds of symptoms but I'd be here forever, I'm really struggling mentally with all this because it's absolutely ruined my life and I'm only 20. Does anyone have any ideas? Any advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Go back to GP  and discuss symptoms . Stress can make  stomach problems worse and  if you are anxious you may need a short course of  CBT Cognitive Behaviour Therapy or Mindfulness techniques for managing anxiety . . Good luck  
  • Posted

hi there, i used to have the same knawing pain  and also felt better when i had eaten   doctors told me it could be a ulcer and put me on omeprazole although it did ease up abit  never fully went,  so was took off the omeprazole for a few weeks  and was tested for hpylori  which came back positive,  so had antibiotics   then all was clear,    Was in hospital 6 weeks ago  had my galbladder removed,   2 weeks after started with the same thing all over again  but im back on omeprazole  and have to take them for another few weeks,    Doctors said  when i stop them they will test me again for hpylori   but have to be off the  omeprazole  for 2 weeks or more  before they take a stool sample,  Ask your doctors to test you again hun      hope you get sorted soon  and feel better soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.