GERD never ends

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering from Gerd and reflux for may be 8 years, in the last four years i started to take Nexium and all other relatives of it, tried to diet and so on... but really i did not find a permanent solution for that. Any help sad !

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel I have had the same thing for over 30yrs and still haven't found an answer, I also have terrible nausea,I also find going to the Drs a waste of time they just don't seem interested. Considering it is such a common complaint. Also I have found that the PPI tablets can cause the same symptoms as the reflux. I am at the moment waiting for an appointment to see if I am suitable for Stretta treatment but I also have a 2cm hiatus hernia so don't know if I can have it. Sorry I am not much help but it might be worth you asking your Dr about the stretta treatment it is available on the NHS but not all hospital's do it. I am lucky because I live in Merseyside and the Royal Liverpool hospital offer this treatment for reflux. Also I really want to come off the medication, I personally think they cause alot of problems when you have been on them a long time. I hope someone else will see your post and help you.

• Posted

Hello I am sorry you are going through this. I had a 4cm hiatel hernia and esophagitis pretty bad. It was a grade D which is the worst kind. I took Nexium and watched what I ate but nothing helped. I had Nissen Fundoplication surgery in June and they Dr also repaired my hernia. It's the best thing I ever did. I know longer have the pain I had before. If I were you I would look into your options and Linx or NF surgery and see what would be best for you. I wish you all the best. Take care. Lorray

• Posted

I was very interested to read you had the Nissen Fundoplication op and please it is working,have you been able to come off the medication yet, and did you suffer from nausea? I have read alot about the op but have read some bad reviews also. Have you had any problems with it ?.
    • Posted

Hi Joyce yes I have not had to be on my meds since surgery. I was on 80 mg of Nexium 40 in the morning and 40 at night for 3 years. I know two other people that also had NF and they are also so glad they did it. I would definitely look into it. I feel there are a lot more success stories then the other way but then that's just my opinion. Best of luck and let me know if I can answer anything else. My surgeon was Dr Brian Louie in Seattle at Swedish Hospital. He did a great job. Take care. Lorray 💕

• Posted

Can you please share with me some more details about the treatment you are talking about"surgery" so i can check it if it's available in my region or no . Thanks alot

• Posted

Thanks for answering me, it was very good kind of you to take the trouble, well I am pleased everything has gone well for you. My drawback is I am British and believe me the NHS is not all its made out to be and privately that op is about £7.000 roughly. But once again many thanks.

• Posted

Hi Aswydan thank you. I hope you can get some relief soon. I had what is called the Nissen Fundoplication which is a wrap. There is a lot of information on that surgery on the internet. I know everyone is different but for me it worked well. I wish you all the best. Lorray
  • Posted

Hi .i have same problem 4 years.i take omprezol but hve reflux now.

Do you have any allergy? Like rhinitis allergy? I find when i use piriton ( colopheniramine ) my stmoch get better.

• Posted

If you look at google and type in Stretta treatment it will explain everything in detail much better than I can. It will explain all about the procedure and what to expect afterwards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.