GERD or something else?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So, to start out, I'm a 23 year old female.

For the past few months I've been having chronic nausea that is horrendous. I'm constantly having to take the pill form of Pepto Bismol for it, and that's getting to where it doesnt help. I have heartburn occasionally but I definitely have an issue that my stomach is churning/moving and feels like it's on fire lately.

I have anxiety and I know nausea is related and that's where everyone says the nausea is coming from. I'm just so worried that something is wrong with my guts. I'm getting to where I'm afraid to eat because of how bad the nausea is, but the thing is eating helps for a brief moment then the nausea comes back.

Does anyone know any other fast acting medications that will help with this, or could this be GERD even though I dont really have heartburn?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

trust me it could be gerd. i thought the same thing i dont have heartburn often mostly indigestion and stomach aches. i take zantac it doesnt really help too much tho.

• Posted

Hi hjg96

Have you been tested for stomach bacteria HPylori?....it causes nausea and pain and also acid reflux which you say you don't have, but get doc to check for HP anyway...

• Posted

You can get silent reflux where you don't feel heartburn straight away. However, I would speak to your doctor since the nausea has gone on for months.

• Posted

hello hgj96nausea could be a mixture of anxiety and acid reflux, i have ocassional nausea with foods, try limiting greasy spicy foods and see what may be triggering it, you also mentioned burning or stomach being on fire could be indigestion from your acid reflux or could also be gastritis, which is irritation on the linings of your stomach try eating a bland diet look up brat diet and see if you can try it out and if it clears up your stomach was probably irritated however you should go get checked out for safe measures with a gi dr. i also had gastritis and its terrible. the more you stress about it the more s****y you will feel its easier said then done but do your best to remain positive. hope this helped some.

• Posted

I should check it out with your doctor. Think you need to see what is going on. Btw, what does GERD stand for? Beth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.