GERD or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, to start out, I'm a 23 year old female.

For the past few months I've been having chronic nausea that is horrendous. I'm constantly having to take the pill form of Pepto Bismol for it, and that's getting to where it doesnt help. I have heartburn occasionally but I definitely have an issue that my stomach is churning/moving and feels like it's on fire lately.

I have anxiety and I know nausea is related and that's where everyone says the nausea is coming from. I'm just so worried that something is wrong with my guts. I'm getting to where I'm afraid to eat because of how bad the nausea is, but the thing is eating helps for a brief moment then the nausea comes back.

Does anyone know any other fast acting medications that will help with this, or could this be GERD even though I dont really have heartburn?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It can be Food allergy, IBS, HPylori infection. HPylori is a bacterial infection and has special medication for it. You will need to consult doctor for any of these. To confirm HPylori he will suggest Endoscopy, Blood and Breath Test.

I personally think that it's HPylori, because the symptoms you listed are similar to mine. It's very common to confuse it with anxiety.

• Posted

Also most people talk about "Acid Reflux" and "Heart Burn" in case of HPylori. And I never had these symptoms at all. The symptoms I had were frequent nausea and bloating ( within every 3-4 days) , for about 10-30 hours continuously. Churning and Moving too irritated me a lot during this period.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.