Gerd? Or something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

When I am lying down in bed at night I quite often get the feeling that something is coming back up my throat. Sometimes get woken up out my sleep like something is coming up, feels like I am going to be sick. I also can't lie on my left side as it make me feel that way too.

I can't taste anything, there's no acid in my mouth. I had an endoscopy a few years ago which came back normal. I had an endoscopy as I suffer a lot from nausea (never sick) and really loose stools. Before going for the endoscopy, I was tried on antacids which made no difference to what I was experiencing.

Does anyone know what could be causing me when I lie down to feel as if something is coming up? Would it be worth trying antacids again?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

gerd and anxiety, same as mine. yep go pop 2 antacid before going to bed and raise your bed head.

zantac 150mg

before breakfast

1 antacid after breakfast

zantac 150mg

before dinner

2 antacid before going to bed

try it for 7 days and if not you want might to see your doctor

goodluck

• Posted

im finding that pillows under the top end of my mattress to raise it a little is helping me

• Posted

Could it be acid reflux?

Could you raise to top 2 corners of your bed on 1 brick either side. This would reduce fluid coming back up your esophagus.Possibly worth a try??? Please let me know how you go!

• Posted

hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have been sleeping recently with a lot of pillows so I am more propped up at night. It certainly is better than lying flat but at times i do still feel like something is coming back up. although my endoscopy was clear a few years ago, I feel like I must have acid reflux when I'm experiencing this. I'm going to buy some antacids too!

• Posted

well i have changed my diet to exclude dairy products and grain and have less discomfort. Maybe it is diet that causes you some reflux? just a thought

• Posted

I'll have a look at what I'm eating to see if anything makes it worse as it's a nightmare getting no sleep with this! Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.