GERD or something else

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have had GERD for many years and it under control but lately especially after eating have noticed a tickling fluttery feeling in my chest and need to cough sometimes a little bit of pleghm comes up. This lasts a while and makes me cough and chest feels sore. Not sure if chest infection or GERD as not there all the time. Don't have cold symptoms.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like GERD I get that to and at th is moment in time mine's not going away after eating I think my food pipes inflamed

• Posted

Thanks, it's such a weird feeling and may be related to oesophagus as I think I have lpr/silent reflux as well because starting to get a hoarse throat. Going to up PPI for a few days and see if it helps. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.