Gerd or summin else ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I never heard of gerd before yesterday but perhaps I have it or worse . It's happened several times awaken middle night and my stomouch attacked - bloating and squelching . Helps to stand up and after time eases although today is not dissapearimg altogether as previous times . 

Iv iv also had other symtoms and this stomouch is the latest in a list 

throat closing up ( maybe especially after spicy food ) 

lung infection for four weeks ( when that finished the stomouch started ) 

tingles all over / cramp / jabbing one off pains 

had blood tests - clear 

had lung X-ray just before the infection and was clear 

ideas ? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

GERD + autoimmune problem? See a gastroenterologist and a rheumatologist. I have both and what you describe I have had/ still have. On meds for autoimmune . For GERD, I was advised to the usual dietary changes etc  
  • Posted

Thanks 

do you recall how or why it started and are you kind of fixed now ? 

You had all the symtoms I describe ?

• Posted

With autoimmune you take meds to control it, so kinda fixed as long as I take the meds. With reflux we cant take ppis forever  so has to be managed with all the dietary and life style changes ( eat smaller quantities, avoid tight  clothing around  stomach area, no meals 3 hours before bedtime, raise your bed or head (wedge pillow) by 7 inches etc. Don't know y it all started all I know is that it started with bad fall on my back followed by swollen lymph glands, next came GERD + Barretts Esophagus,etc , then pityriases roscea (skin condition without a known cause and steroids was the treatment) , next came diagnosis of autoimmune.. All within a space of 4 months ( 3 years ago)   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.