Gerd - reflux - berping

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on ppi omprezzal for 3 years. i have had heartburn but nowadays suffer from some kind of reflux for 2-3 hours after every meal. I have begun changing my diet to not include milk and sometimes get reflux badly after eating bread or bananas. So i have stopped this too.

I got upset yesterday so am now determined to try and sort this out. I have raised my bed on two bricks and am learning about my issue by researching. It seems ppi and antacids mask the problem. This may be the best that can be achieved?

I had an endoscopy that showed i have a hernia, only 1-2cm. The surgeon told me to stop eating tomatoes. I do physical gardening work but hear heavy lifting can bring on hernias. Anyone agree? Has anyone suffered similary to me and come off all mediaction by say, changing their diet?(eating root veg and meat and cutting out grains and milk) I would be very interested to hear about any related stories etc. Happy and healthy new year!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

These sound fairly typical as I 've been through literally all of these. Tomatoes are a notorious irritant if you have reflux. My attitude is to eliminate all suspects and see if there are changes as what works for one may not work for someone else.

Things have been fairly stable now save the mild threats at absorption which is the 2 to 3 post meal disturbance you mentioned.

• Posted

Thanks for your message. Its very good to know your largely sorted. So what was causing you the problem ie was it types of food as opposed to a medical condition? Thanks

• Posted

When you say you get reflux after eating......is this acid/burning you're feeling or are you refluxing non-acidic stomach contents?

• Posted

Good question, I would say i am refluxing non-acidic stomach contents. (so stuff is coming up my eauspagaus and im burping it out) Do you know a bit about this or have your own condition?. I would be interested to know. Thanks

• Posted

I ask because I get this too. Sometimes it feels like a pressure in my chest causing pain....but not acidic. PPI helps keep the acid under control, but not the non-acidic reflux. I've mentioned this to my doctor, but haven't found a way to control it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.