gerd/reflux vomiting

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, i am not sure if this is related to gerd or what but i had a rough night last night. During the day i had no issues, i have increased my fiber intake by eating oatmeal and taking a tablespoon of metamucil twice a day with 12oz of water. I have been handling that well with little to no issues. I also take zegerid in the am and zantac 150 in the pm, around 8-8:3-

After dinner i ate a meal that normally causes me no distress, but after the meal i took my vitamin D with some lemonade and i started to get some bad acid issues. Mainly pain in my upper abdomen and minor bloat. I took my zantac and that seemed to have helped me feel better. I took my verapamil at 10pm with water and had no issues as well. However, where i think i messed up was i had a late night snack that consisted of a couple of small pickels, a peice of hunters sausage and some tiny thin bread sticks about 15-20 minutes before i took my mag ox. when it came time to my mag ox, i took it at 11pm with 10-12 oz of water and felt bloated almost right after and eventually vomited 1 1/2 hours after i took the med. Nothing was reconizable except bits of the pickles and what looked like bits of hunter sausage, it also tasted very acidic. I had the urge to vomit again a couple of hours later but that was only dry heaves. Could this mistake have kicked up the reflux again or could it have been the mag ox + large amount of water? I felt fine when i ate the food but when i took the med is when it kicked in. 

I am still learning my limits, but its frustrating that i can mess up so easily

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi kyomagi

If you suffer with acid reflux you should take all meds with water also vitamins..fizzy drinks like lemonade with vitamins will cause acid reflux also pickles and spicey foods.....best wishes

• Posted

any idea what could have made me sick last night when i started to feel better?  I was feeling ok before i ate those snacks and had that water with the mag ox
    • Posted

Hi kyomagi

I think you answered your own question....obviously the snacks and magnesium oxide caused you to be sick...spicey pickles and sausage obviously didn't mix with the Mag Ox. It appears you take a lot of medication. Leave out all spicey food and fizzy drinks. Eat a bland non-spicey diet. Leave out fried foods, fizzy drinks, spicey foods, citrus fruit and drinks. You will then not have to take so many anti acid reflux meds. Your tum can't deal with all you are putting into it....best wishes..

• Posted

thanks for the info.  Whenever i have a gerd/ibs attack it goes into the next day, pretty rough 24h.  But i will have to modify my diet and stop the food after a certain time from now on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.